Of the 28 fish that can be caught in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2, there may not be one as outstanding as the Thermal Fish. Once caught or found, the spooky sea creature bestows players with thermal vision, allowing them to see through wooden structures and easily spot enemies at great distances. This power works wonders when fighting for a win, but the battle royale never reveals where these fish are.
Thermal Fish can be caught in any body of water, and can also be collected from opened Chests and Supply Drops – but the chances of spotting one can be slim. However, we have found the Purple and Orange Thermal Fish to be incredibly common to catch on the island northeast of The Joneses (as marked below). Better yet, you can use any type of fishing rod to reel them in.
Once one of the Thermal Fish is consumed, players immediately gain Thermal Vision and earn 15 additional Shields. It can also award large amounts of XP, as finding the fish is just one of many seasonal quests in week 4.
Those looking to fill up their entire fish collection can find all of the Thermal Fish locations below.
- #1 – Purple and orange thermal fish: Can be caught anywhere and found in chests. Most populated around the islands closest to The Joneses.
- #2 – Raven Thermal Fish: Can be caught in coastal areas with a professional fishing rod.
- #3 – Green thermal fish: Found in the ponds south of The Joneses.
- #4 – Red and green thermal fish: Found in the ponds south of The Joneses.
- #5 – Silver Thermal Fish: Can be caught in creeks within desert areas using a professional fishing rod.
Related: All Upgrade Bench locations in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/where-to-catch-or-collect-a-thermal-fish-in-fortnite-chapter-3-season-2 Where to catch or collect a Thermal Fish in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2