Texas Gov. Abbot announced that he would send illegal immigrants from Texas to DC as a protest against the Biden regime. Well, while many claimed he was bluffing and that it wouldn’t actually happen, they were simply proven wrong: the first bus arrived in DC and unloaded the illegals it was carrying. Check this out here:
Of course, it would be better if they were simply deported. However, because dealing with illegal immigration is a federal responsibility rather than a state job, Abbot has no authority under which to deport the illegals.
So Governor Abbott did something Republicans have been joking about for a while and shipped illegal migrants from Texas to DC, and his promise was fulfilled. In memory of Governor Abbott called:
“As the Biden administration ends Title 42 deportations in May, this month Texas will take its own unprecedented action to do what no state in America has done in this country’s history, for our state and our nation to secure better.
“To help local officials whose communities are being swamped by hordes of illegal immigrants deposed by the Biden administration, Texas is providing charter buses to deliver these illegal immigrants deposed by the Biden administration to Washington, DC send
“We are sending them to the United States capital, where the Biden administration will be able to more directly address the needs of the people they allow to come across our border.”
Now he has actually done something about it, and the buses are unloading the illegals. This was announced by Governor Abbott in a statement on Wednesday morning called:
“Texans demand and deserve an aggressive, comprehensive strategy to secure our border – not President Biden’s lackluster leadership.
As the federal government continues to roll back the common sense policies that once protected our communities, our local law enforcement agencies have stepped up to protect Texans from dangerous criminals, deadly drugs, and illegal smuggling pouring into the Lone Star State.
Texas will always be a law and order state, and I thank our law enforcement officers who have answered the call to protect their countrymen in the federal government’s absence and to serve them in securing our border.”
As a matter of fact. And this struggle to bear the burden is great; Many claim that by opening the border to illegals, Biden has put a crushing burden on the backs of border states to deal with the problem and deal with the illegals. By sending them to DC now, Abbot is pushing that responsibility back onto the FBI.
But Governor Abbott is also doing what he can to get the problem under control, as he announced with his statement on the buses. According to the statement, the measures he has taken so far contain:
- Signed legislation providing $3 billion for Texas border security efforts
- Launch of Operation Lone Star and deployed thousands of National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety soldiers
- Arrest and detention of illegal migrants who have committed trespassing or other state crimes in Texas
- Allocation of resources, including recently acquired 1,700 steel plates, towards the construction of the Texas border wall
- Signed legislation to ease the prosecution of smugglers who bring people into Texas
- Signing of 15 Anti-Human Trafficking Acts in Texas
- Signed legislation increasing penalties for the manufacture and sale of fentanyl
- Issuance of a disaster declaration for the border crisis
- Issue of an executive order preventing non-governmental organizations from transporting illegal immigrants
- Taking legal action to enforce Mexico Residency in Texas
- Take aggressive action to secure the border while President Biden ends Title 42 deportations, including improving vehicle inspections, allowing illegal migrants to flow into Washington, DC, and establishing boat blockades along the Rio Grande River
Where things go from here is unclear. We’ll see if the buses continue to transport illegals into DC and if so, if the stunt forces Biden to act and deal with the issue.
https://smartzune.com/watch-abbotts-buses-of-illegals-arrive-in-dc/ WATCH: Abbott’s buses of illegals arrive in DC