The Life Is Strange Remastered Collection just delayed on Switchat an unspecified time in the future, but we can still enjoy this brand new official gameplay trailer, which shows off improved graphics, textures, and face animations.
The gameplay trailer features only Life is Strange, the first game of the two in the collection, along with the Before the Storm prequel.
Here’s a list of notable improvements that can be seen in the trailer, according to Square Enix’s press release:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with rebuilt lighting
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased multi-counts and extra bones visible throughout
- All character models feature more expressive and expressive animations, more natural hair physics, updated tear, wound, and more
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyeliner have been revamped
- New lip sync animation throughout
- New and updated landscape materials for reflections and textures
- Updated models and materials for key props e.g. bathroom bucket
Fancy buckets, additional bones, updated tears. Sounds like a party to us.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/01/video-check-out-the-improved-graphics-in-this-new-life-is-strange-remastered-trailer Video: Check out the improved graphics in this new weirdly remade trailer