The UFC ended its 2021 PPV campaign with another highlight event. A month after UFC 268 took down the common house in New York City, UFC 269 may have topped off with incredible performances and terrifying upsets throughout the night.
Lightweight champion Charles Oliveira retained his title with Dustin Poirier’s submission in the third round of the main event after entering the bout as the underdog. Oliveira, who is currently on a 10-game winning streak, rallied from damage absorbed in the opening round to get past Poirier before jumping on his back and locking in for the third frame.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Sign up for Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including instant analysis of UFC 269 at the end of the event.
Meanwhile, the co-main event got even crazier when Julianna Pena knocked out the greatest fighter in female MMA history, Amanda Nunes, for the bantamweight title. Pena lured Nunes into a scuffle before dropping her and calmly locking in a swoon to declare one of the biggest messes in UFC history.
CBS Sports has you with you through battle week with the latest news, in-depth features and betting advice to consider. Thank you for stopping by and we will see you in 2022.
UFC 269 card, results
- Charles Oliveira (c) def. Dustin Poirier through the third looper (behind the choke ceiling)
- Julianna Pena def. Amanda Nunes (c) through second round submission (rear bare reducer)
- Geoff Neal def. Santiago Ponzinibbio passed the split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Kai Kara-France resists. Cody Garbrandt through the first round TKO (punching)
- Sean O’Malley protested. Raulian Paiva through the first round TKO (punching)
- Josh Emmett objected. Dan Ige passes unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Dominick Cruz def. Pedro Munhoz passed unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Augusto Sakai through the second round knockout (punching)
- Bruno Silva objected. Jordan Wright via first half TKO (punch)
- Andre Muniz objected. Eryk Anders through first round submission (armbar)
- Erin Blanchfield defeated. Miranda Maverick adopts unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ryan Hall beat. Darrick Minner passes unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)
- Tony Kelley objected. Randy Costa via second half TKO (punch, elbow)
- Gillian Robertson protested. Priscila Cachoeira through the first round (rear ceiling)
UFC 269 Countdown
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/ufc-269-charles-oliveira-vs-dustin-poirier-fight-card-results-highlights-complete-guide/ UFC 269 – Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier: Cards, results, highlights, complete guide