Trouble-free 5 years with my Maruti Swift: 40,000 km service update
The total fuel efficiency so far is 15.2 km/l, with 30% highway and 70% city driving.
BHPian qr20de recently shared with other enthusiasts.
Hi everyone, thought I’d post an update after my Swift has traveled 40,000km, in just under 5 years:
- The juddering of the gearbox is still present in the first few minutes of driving. Has been happening for a while. I can’t say how many kilometers this happens, but after the first warm-up the car drives fine. I even do wheel spins on signals sometimes, so I’m guessing the clutch is fine.
- Had problems with FRHS brake pads chattering for the last 1500-2000 km. Changed at the service center, but the last 500 km it showed up again. Could possibly be insufficient lubrication or misaligned clips so plan to have it checked again
- Switched to Amsoil 0W-50 fully synthetic motor oil at 35,000 km which a friend says should last up to 15,000 km according to a friend’s oil condition, but I still check regularly.
- I do my own service so I make sure both air filters are changed every 5,000km. I know the OEM says 20k and 40k but the air is so polluted that I prefer to change it.
- The approximate total mileage so far is 15.2 km/l, with 30% highway and 70% city
Other than that it was a really hassle free ownership and in my opinion a perfect city car. It was also a great highway vehicle.
So for the 40k service, also based on the OEM recommendation I will:
- Change spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and coolant
- Plan to add coolant flush and fuel system cleaner before changing the above
- Rotating tires (performed every 5000 km); quite a bit of tread on the original Apollos
- Brake fluid flushing at the dealer
Hopefully this will also help current and potential owners of the Swift on their journey to ownership.
For more insight and information, read the comments from BHPians.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hassle-free-5-years-my-maruti-swift-40000-km-service-update Trouble-free 5 years with my Maruti Swift: 40,000 km service update