Amazon is back with another episode of New world Forged in Aeternum, and this is Q&A formatAs such, it’s not as skippable as some of the fluffier episodes. Here are the highlights from Game Director Scot Lane and Creative Director Dave Verfaillie:
- The developers plan to use more faction tokens in Season 3.
- With the transmog, there will be a checklist to check what you’ve collected, and yes, transmog tokens can be earned with the Free Pass and through Prime.
- The annoying combination of resilience and protection status will be fixed in Season 2.
- 3v3 arenas will see more direct rewards, and Amazon expects the influence overhaul to “shake up open-world PvP.” The tracks will not reset for the next season.
- The developers are considering ways to fix the trophy system.
- There will be even more playable music during this summer’s event.
- Amazon doesn’t want to do spontaneous damage assessments due to toxicity, but might consider doing something like that.
- The new seasonal trial (raid) will be replaced with a new one each season, but Amazon might find a way to reuse the outdated trials.
- Yes, the developers play the game (and at a high level) and read the forums (but leave the commenting to the community managers).
- No, you cannot take your premade game into Outpost Rush to destroy PUGs.
The devs don’t answer questions about the expansion, except for the big hint that the new version of First Light will have new housing in the expansion (to appease people who are now getting kicked out and getting their money back in the old version of First Light) . .
It’s actually worth watching the video of Katy Kaszynski’s performance to the end. (We weren’t prepared.)