The best Pokémon teams for the Master League in Pokémon Go – January 2023
The Master League in Pokémon Go gives you the opportunity to use the most powerful Pokémon acquired in the mobile game and use them in a battle against other players. You want to bring the best Pokemon you have, which usually means you have to lean on the many legends that have emerged over the years to define the majority of your team. Here’s what you need to know about the best Pokémon teams for Master League in Pokémon Go.
Best Pokemon Teams for Master League
You can use any Pokemon in Master League, and there are no CP or XL restrictions. For this reason, trainers who have reached level 40 or higher are usually the more difficult opponents. Make sure you’ve charged up your Pokémon by feeding them XL Candy.
Related: Is Zekrom good and what is the best way to use it in Pokemon Go?
Dragonite, Solgaleo and Meloetta
The first team we highlight features Dragonite as the main Pokémon. It’s one of the superior Pokemon you start with in Master League, and you can swap it out for Meloetta as your backup choice. We recommend reserving Solgaleo as the last Pokemon, but this may change depending on the opponent.
- Dragonite: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Dragon Claw and Superpower
- Solgaelo: Fire Spin (fast movement), Psychic Fangs and Iron Head
- Meloetta: Swift Attack (Fast Movement), Psyhock, and Dazzling Gleam
Lugia, Kyurem and Giratina (origin)
The next team consists of Lugia, the Legendary Psychic and Flying-type Pokemon. If you can use a shadow version of Lugia, that would be preferable. While both versions are powerful, we recommend pairing them with Giratina (Origin) and Kyurem, which are the last Pokemon to swap. Lugia is a strong starter, but don’t worry about swapping it out for one of these other Pokemon if it’s taking too much damage.
- Lugia: Dragon Tail (fast movement), Sky Attack and Aeroblast
- Kyurem: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Glaciate, and Dragon Claw
- Giratina (Origin): Shadow Claw (fast movement), Shadow Ball, and Ominous Wind
Zacian (hero), Groudon and Zekrom
For this team, we’re swapping out the Lead Flying-type Pokemon for Zacian, a Fairy-type. Several Dragon-type Pokemon are used during this competition, so this could be a good lead or closer Pokemon on your team. Groudon is the strongest Ground-type Pokémon you can use in this competition and we highly recommend it, especially alongside Zekrom, a Dragon and Electric-type Pokémon.
- Zacian (Hero): Fast attack (rapid movement), melee, and rough play
- Groudon: Mud Shot (fast movement), Earthquake, and Fire Blast
- Zekrom: Dragon Breathquickast move), Crunch and Fusion Bolt
Mewtwo, Xerneas and Gyarados
This team uses Mewtwo as the Lead Pokémon, one of the stronger Psychic types. Like Lugia, you might prefer the shadow version if you have this Pokemon, but both are acceptable options. Also, you should add Xerneas and Gyarados to your team, one of the stronger non-Dragon type Pokemon and commonly used by Master League players.
- Mewtwo: Psychoc Cut (fast movement), Psystrike and Shadow Ball
- Xerneas: Tackle (fast movement), melee and moonblast
- Gyarados: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Aqua Tail, and Crunch
Reshiram, Florges and Zarude
The last team on this list consists of Reshiram, Florges and Zaruda. Reshiram is a powerful Dragon and Fire-type Pokemon, but feel free to trade it in for Florges if you’re taking too much damage from other Dragon-types. Finally, you might want to reserve Zarude as the last Pokemon for your team and surprise your opponent. Zarude is a strong Pokémon with enough Defense to withstand multiple Pokémon attacks before fainting.
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Fusion Flare and Draco Meteor
- Florges: Fairy Wind (fast movement), Moonblast and Disarming Voice
- Zarude: Vine Whip (fast movement), Dark Pulse and Power Whip
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/best-pokemon-teams-for-the-master-league-in-pokemon-go The best Pokémon teams for the Master League in Pokémon Go – January 2023