BALTIMORE (WJZ) – Happy Valentine’s Monday.
A snowstorm blew across the area from northern Baltimore, northern Baltimore County and into Carroll County. This is the lake effect, which is very weak and has since been exhausted in central Maryland.
It’s sunny again this morning, although it’s still cold outside. Northwest winds and snow-covered ground are reinforcing icy conditions outside.
Temperatures start the day at a 20-year low and will only soar close to 33 degrees. As a result, anything that hasn’t been cured or melted in the sunlight will solidify tonight.
Good news? Today is the coldest weather of our week. We will begin a gradual launch into the mid-60s on Thursday.
However, sun glare will be an issue today, as we get intense reflections of snow on the ground.
High pressure will prevail over the next few days with sunny, dry and mild conditions. Every day gets lighter until the end of Thursday.
- Chance of snowfall before 10am. Mild sunshine, with the highest temperature near 33.
- NW winds 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- The probability of rain is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation can be less than half an inch.
- Mostly clear, with lows around 19.
- NW winds of about 5 mph calmed after midnight.
- Sunny, with highs near 42.
- Soft winds are becoming westerly 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Mostly clear, with lows around 28.
- Southeast winds 3 to 6 mph.
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/02/14/maryland-weather-a-sunny-yet-chilly-valentines-day/ Sunny but Cold Valentine’s Day – CBS Baltimore