With 11 new deaths reported Monday, December 27, more than 6,000 San Bernardino County residents have died from COVID-19, display data.
As of Monday, 6,008 local residents have lost battles with the disease.
And hundreds of people are still fighting.
After falling below 400 before Christmas, San Bernardino County hospitalizations hit a recent high, with 438 COVID-19 patients in county hospitals – 127 in intensive care units.
Not since September 16 has the number of hospitalizations been so high.
With coronavirus cases rising nationwide in part due to the spread of the omicron variant, county officials have encouraged residents to get tested before and after traveling or gathering for the holiday.
The positive test results stemming from travel this past weekend will be reflected in county and state figures released over the next few weeks.
These are the latest numbers. Vaccination and hospitalization data are from the state and as of Sunday, December 26. Other numbers were reported by the county Monday.
San Bernardino County
- 2,678,594 doses administered to date for county residents
- 1,271,713 residents received at least one dose
- 1,151,955 of whom are fully vaccinated
- 42,509 doses reported in the past week
- 7,642 residents got their first dose in the past week
- 7,018 people have been fully vaccinated in the past week
- Total 377,968
- 3,136 reported in the past week
- 367,573 of total cases estimated to be resolved (living patients who tested positive more than 10 days ago)
- Total 6,008
- 16 reports in the past week
Hospital survey (17 out of 25 reporting facilities)
- 438 confirmed and 28 suspected hospitalized patients
- 127 confirmed and five suspected patients in ICU
- Total 5,184,389
- 55,431 reported in the past week
How did last week compare to last week
- Less than 16% of vaccine doses reported
- Less than 12% of residents get their first vaccination
- Less than 25% of residents are fully vaccinated
- Less than 11% of reported cases
- 60% of reported deaths
- 9% more confirmed patients in hospital
- 9% more patients confirmed in ICU
- 40% less inspection report
For information on community cases, deaths, and immunizations in San Bernardino County, click here.
Here’s a look at how the county’s count has changed each day:
Office staff Daniel Aitken contributed to this report.
https://www.sbsun.com/2021/12/27/san-bernardino-county-passes-6000-covid-19-deaths-as-hospitalizations-climb/ San Bernardino County passes 6,000 COVID-19 deaths as hospitalizations soar – San Bernardino Sun