Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and King Charles in ‘increasing tension’ over Archie and Lilibet’s royal title decision

There is “increasing tension” between the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and King Charles over whether their children will receive royal titles, a royal expert has claimed.

According to Roya Nikkhah, the Times’ royal editor, Charles “hasn’t decided yet” how Harry and Meghan’s children will be addressed.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Prince Harry to tone down his memoir.

For more royal family news and videos, visit Royal Family >>

As the siblings are now grandsons of the monarch, they were expected to receive prince and princess titles.

Harry and Meghan with their two children, Archie and Lilibet. Recognition: Duke and Duchess of Sussex

But after Harry and Meghan retired from royal life in favor of a mansion in Montecito, California, and a bombastic Oprah interview, the situation still seems up in the air.

“It is understood that Harry and Meghan fear the King may strip Archie and Lilibet of their titles after he refused to immediately recognize their elevated status following the Queen’s death,” Nikkhah wrote.

Royal author Katie Nicholl has also weighed her thoughts, suggesting the king is indeed ready to call Archie and Lilibit prince and princess – but with a caveat.

Harry and Meghan’s daughter Lilibet. She was named after Queen Elizabeth’s childhood nickname. Recognition: Misan Harriman

“One of the interesting things that came out of all this was the speculation about titles and Archie and Lilibet … whether they would be officially recognized as prince and princess, the titles that were owed them when Charles became king,” Nicholls explained in The Royal Beat by True Royalty TV.

“They currently remain ‘Miss’ and ‘Master’ and I’m told that is a very clear signal from the King.

“He’s ready to award those titles, but it comes with a caveat and that caveat is trust.

“They need to know that they can trust the family.”

Harry and Meghan signed a three-book deal with Penguin Books. Recognition: Michael M Santiago/Getty Images

In the wake of Queen Elizabeth’s death, Harry is reportedly trying to tone down the tell-all bombshell memoir that was due to be released this year.

However, Harry reportedly worries that his current draft “might not go down too well.”

Will Harry and Meghan return to royal life?

Will Harry and Meghan return to royal life?

The memoir was reportedly due for release in November as part of a three-title A$66 million deal.

However, the last-minute changes are expected to push the release back to 2023.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s in-depth interview with Oprah Winfrey. Recognition: Harpo productions

“Harry threw a spanner in the works,” a source told Mail Online.

“Given the death of the Queen, her funeral and the accession of his father Charles, he is keen on refinements.

“There may be things in the book that might not look as good coming out so soon after these events.

“He wants the sections to be changed now. It’s by no means a complete rewrite. He really wants to change something.”

However, according to the source, it “might be too late” to make such changes.

Prince Harry and Meghan at Westminster Hall on Wednesday September 14. Recognition: AAP

Publisher Penguin Random House reportedly gave the prince little “leeway” and asked for a revision of the first draft, believing it was “too delicate”.

Members of the royal family were reportedly nervous about the contents of the Duke of Sussex’s book after he and his wife Meghan gave an explosive interview to Oprah Winfrey last year.

Prince Harry announced he was working on his memoir not long after the pair bombarded allegations of racism and a lack of mental health support within the so-called “company”.

Prince William and Prince Harry. Recognition: AP
Queen Elizabeth was reportedly “concerned” about the release of Prince Harry’s book. Recognition: WPA pool/Getty Images

In July 2021, Harry said the book will be “written not as the prince that I was, but as the man that I have become”.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and by telling my story — the ups and downs, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I hope I can help to show.” that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think,” he said in a statement.

“I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I have learned throughout my life and look forward to people reading a first-hand account of my life that is accurate and absolutely truthful.”

The “very honest” part is the part that is reportedly worrying other royals.

Visit 7Life on Facebook for more engaging celebrity content.

Olivia Newton-John’s Walk for Wellness.

Olivia Newton-John’s Walk for Wellness.

https://7news.com.au/entertainment/royal-family/heightening-tensions-between-harry-meghan-and-king-over-archie-and-lilibet-royal-title-decision-c-8357314 Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and King Charles in ‘increasing tension’ over Archie and Lilibet’s royal title decision

James Brien

24ssports is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@24ssports.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button