LONDON (AP) – Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating, his office said Thursday.
A statement on the royal’s official Twitter page said Charles had tested positive on Thursday morning and was “deeply disappointed” at not being able to attend a scheduled visit in Winchester, England.
No other details were immediately available.
Charles, 73, met dozens of people at Wednesday night’s reception at the British Museum.
The heir to the throne previously contracted the coronavirus in March 2020. Officials said he later developed mild COVID-19 symptoms. Charles and his wife, Camilla, lived separately on Queen Elizabeth II’s Balmoral estate in Scotland at the time.
King Felipe VI of Spain, 54, and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, 81, also tested positive for coronavirus this week.
https://fox2now.com/news/national/prince-charles-in-isolation-after-positive-covid-19-test/ Prince Charles is quarantined after testing positive for COVID-19