Date: Tuesday, December 21
Time: 1 p.m
Venue: Bud Walton Arena
TV: SEC Network +
Promotion: Toy Drive! Bring an unwrapped gift and help the children in NWA.
Tickets: Click HERE ($5 Adults / $3 Youth Online, $10 Adults / $8 Youth Walking)
Game show: Click HERE
FINAL TIME OUT
- The Arkansas women’s basketball claimed its 10th win of the season on Saturday afternoon, knocking out in-state rival Central Arkansas 82-44.
- Second guard Sasha Goforth continued to roll in this bout, as she racked up a game-high 17 points in just over 22 minutes of play.
- Jersey Wolfenbarger is starting to recover for Goforth, compared with the peak of her career with the Sugar Bears, with 16 points.
- Although he struggled at first, Hogs finished the first frame with six points. Goforth led the rankings for the quarter, scoring eight of 17 points, taking two of three shots and all three of the free throws.
- Arkansas will then push its lead to double digits in phase two, though the Sugar Bears will come close to seven points with less than two minutes left in the quarter. Hogs, and Goforth specifically, reacted, as she would have scored seven in a row, helping the Razorbacks finish the frame on a 7-1 run, propelling them to 13 at the pause.
- Arkansas will continue to expand it in the third, as the Razorbacks open the frame in a 10-2 run.
- Samara Spencer returned to doubles, scoring 15 points. She also has the best six assists of her career.
- Rylee Langerman is a monster on glass, pulling down the eight best boards of his career.
- Makayla Daniels did it all in this game – she scored 11 points, made three assists, put down six rebounds and robbed six steals, a career best.
- Young striker Destinee Oberg continued to score 10 points for the second game in a row.
- With one more game on the non-conference schedule, Arkansas is 10-2.
- Hogs continue to be a fixture in the NET Top-25, as they are currently 18th.
- With a win over Central Arkansas at Simmons Bank Arena, Hogs won 8/9.
- That win also leaves the Hogs 4-0 ahead of their scheduled section, the first time in show history that games have been scheduled and won.
- Sasha Goforth got off to a successful start as she hit doubles in six straight matches.
- She leads against the Sugar Bears, with 17 points.
- Makayla Daniels has started to perfect form – across 12 games, Daniels leads the team in scoring (13.4 PPG), assists (3.2 APG), and steals (1.9 SPG), and stands second in terms of resilience (5.4 RPG).
- Daniels was the star of the game against Cal, scoring a career-best 32 points in the win, taking 11 of her 15 shots, including four of six from distance.
- In the game against Little Rock, Daniels held off Sali Kourouma, who was averaging 21.7 points per game, with just 8 points in the 2-16 shot. Kourouma also has eight transfers.
- In the match against UCA, Daniels showed more than her defense, as she made six steals, her highest of her career and the most against Hog since Chelsea Dungee had seven previous. JSU (December 30, 18).
- Hogs’ attacking philosophy focuses on “making the opponent make mistakes”.
- Given the multitude of weapons that Neighbors have on this team, that’s going on every night.
- Makayla Daniels (13.4 PPG) leads, but four other girls – Sasha Goforth (11.8 PPG), Erynn Barnum (11.2 PPG), Sam Spencer (10.7 PPG) and Amber Ramirez (10.1) PPG) – is having a double average.
- Freshman Jersey Wolfenbarger (7.3 PPG) is also providing a scoring punch for the Hogs.
- Daniels (x5), Barnum (x3) and Ramirez (x3) are all top scorers at least three times this season, while Goforth has done it twice (Little Rock, UCA).
- Daniels (22 @ AState, 32 against Cal) and Ramirez (20 @ UConn) are the only Hogs to hit 20 points so far this season.
Parking will be free at Lot 56 (MLK and Razorback Roads).
For more information on Arkansas Women’s Basketball, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @RazorbackWBB and on Facebook at Facebook.com/RazorbackWBB. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, “Kickin ‘It In The Neighborhood’ for Razorback women’s basketball content and watch the The Neighborhood podcast at CoachNeighbors.com.
https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/preview-arkansas-vs-creighton/ Preview – Arkansas vs. Creighton