NBA 2K23: How to complete the Out of Orbit Event and get 97 OVR Ray Allen in MyTeam
The Lunar New Year event in NBA 2K23 and MyTeam is almost complete, but a new event is right behind it. 2K launched the Out of Orbit event on January 27th and it works similarly to the LNY event. Users must collect takeover and event cards to complete a special collection that includes a 97 OVR Galaxy Opal by Ray Allen as a reward. So how do you get Ray Allen in MyTeam?
Related: NBA 2K23 MyTeam: Season 4 Rewards – All Levels, Items, Season Agendas and more
How to get 97 OVR Ray Allen
Similar to the Lunar New Year event, MyTeam players must collect 15 separate items to obtain 97 OVR Galaxy Opal Ray Allen.
The first 10 are takeover player items. From January 27th to February 9th, 2K will be releasing 10 new Takeover maps. Each is required for the collection of 97 OVR Ray Allen. The first takeover to be released featured journeyman Javale McGee.
Here’s a look at the players required for this collection:
- 96 OVR Baron Davis: Win either 30 offline triple threat games or 15 online triple threat games
- 96 OVR Toni Kukoc: Win either 15 Domination games or eight Unlimited games
- 96 OVR Javale McGee: Complete the takeover challenge
- 96 OVR Victor Oladipo: Complete the takeover challenge
- 96 OVR Paul Pierce: Win either 30 Clutch Time offline games or 15 Clutch Time online games
- 96 OVR Willis Reed: Either win 10 Triple Threat co-op games or rack up a ten game winning streak
- 94 OVR Robert Covington: Complete the takeover challenge
- 93 OVR Kevin Martin: Use locker code
Note that there are takeover cards for this event, which you can get by winning either online or offline matches. Others, like the aforementioned McGee, are stat-based takeover challenges.
The remaining five are out of orbit event cards. These event cards are available through agendas.
How to get event cards and agendas
Here’s a look at the Event Card Spotlight agendas:
- Win the Emerald Out of Orbit Challenge (Reward is 250 XP)
- Win the Sapphire Out of Orbit challenge (Reward is 500 XP)
- Win the Ruby Out of Orbit challenge (Reward is 750 XP)
- Win the out of orbit triple threat challenge (Reward is 1,500 XP)
Complete all Out of Orbit Spotlight challenges and users will receive an Out of Orbit event card.
Then there are the skills challenges:
- Out of Orbit Skill Challenge 1 (The rewards are 1,000 XP and the Out of Orbit event card)
- Out of Orbit Skill Challenge 2 (The rewards are 1,000 XP and the Out of Orbit event card)
More Event Cards are set to be released over the next two weeks.
There are also a number of Season 4 specific agendas that can be used to gain XP. Here’s a look at the ones that include this event’s takeover rewards:
- Get six rebounds three times in a game with takeover Willis Reed (Reward is 7,500 XP)
- Score 30 points three times in one game with Takeover Toni Kukoc (Reward is 7,500 XP)
- Get 10 assists in a game with Takeover Baron Davis (Reward is 7,500 XP)
- Score 30 points three times in a single game with Takeover Paul Pierce (Reward is 7,500 XP)
The Season 4 agendas will expire along with the event cards on February 10th. New maps will be added until February 9th.
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/nba-2k23-how-to-complete-out-of-orbit-event-and-get-97-ovr-ray-allen-in-myteam NBA 2K23: How to complete the Out of Orbit Event and get 97 OVR Ray Allen in MyTeam