MultiVersusthe answer from WB Games Super Smash Bros.entered Open Beta today with a new playable character real basketball player LeBron James and a variety of equilibrium changes.
While MultiVersus Update focuses on several characters, for which the most important adjustments have been saved Looney Tunes rep The Tasmanian Devil (or Taz for short). Taz was a force to be reckoned with during the closed beta, with quite a few to compare the usefulness of his Tornado special to similar tools that were made kirby Villain Meta Knight so dominant in the days of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
“Our plan is to switch the tornado to cooldown movement in an upcoming patch,” the patch notes read. “The Tornado is Taz’s signature move, so we want to keep it as one of his strongest attacks, with the cooldown forcing a more deliberate use. These nerfs will reduce Taz’s power, especially at higher levels of play, so expect some buffs to the other moves in his kit in the near future.”
Meanwhile, Taz’s Tornado received a slight damage reduction, duration reduction, and hit reduction.
Other changes in today’s update include increased cooldown on Batman’s Batarang special, numerous bug fixes for the Iron Giant (please just take it out completely) and a weight reduction for Scooby Doo Investigator Velma Dinkley. Velma is another character who is considered to be to the best in MultiVersusso it’s possible that it will see more significant changes in the future.
Here’s a full breakdown of the MultiVersus Patch:
- Neutral Air/Ground Attack: Batarang cooldown increased from 13 to 14 seconds. Batarang pickup returns 11.55 seconds after 5/11. This means the minimum time between Batarang throws is 2.45 seconds down from 1.95 seconds.
- Batman’s Batarang pickup cooldown created very small windows where the Batarang was not in play. This change should result in Batman opponents having a larger window between Batarang attacks to give themselves an advantage.
- Troubleshooting: Special air/bottom side: Fixed a bug where Grapple would sometimes shoot you off the map.
- Air Raid: Start window enlarged by 2 frames, active window reduced by 2 frames
- The hitbox caused Bugs Bunny to hit almost all around. This should make dealing with the up air a bit more sensible.
- Troubleshooting: Air Down Attack: can no longer be combined in itself
- Troubleshooting: Air/Ground Down Special: can no longer hit enemies repeatedly and root them forever
- Troubleshooting: Air Attack: Can no longer hit enemies repeatedly
- Air Neutral Attack: Throws enemies up and away to prevent an infinite attack caused by alternating Air Down Attacks and Air Neutral Attacks.
- Troubleshooting: Fixed a bug that prevented Taz from using air attacks once he reached his special air limit.
- Special for air/bottom side: If you’ve been following early access, Taz’ Tornado has dominated its character kit, presenting a non-obvious knowledge check for newer players. By reducing its effectiveness, we hope to improve its gameplay health and loop, and bring the game to a healthier state for newer players.
- A reduction in the duration of the tornado and the additional duration gained from passing an ally.
- Remove one of the tornado’s multiple hits.
- Decreasing the hit pause of all hits in the tornado.
- Reduced recoil from last hit in tornado from 1375 to 1275.
- At the moment our plan is to switch the tornado to a cooldown movement in an upcoming patch. Tornado is Taz’s signature move, so we want to keep it as one of his strongest attacks, with the cooldown forcing more deliberate use. These nerfs will reduce Taz’s power, especially at higher levels of play. So expect some buffs to the other moves in his kit in the near future. Thank you for your patience and we will continue to evaluate the state of Taz’s gameplay.
- Weight: reduced from 70 to 63
- It was an oversight on our part that Velma is one of the hardest characters in the game. This change should bring them closer to our original vision.
MultiVersus is currently in open beta on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and the Epic Games Store.
https://kotaku.com/multiversus-wb-games-patch-update-taz-velma-iron-giant-1849334162 MultiVersus Open Beta Patch Nerfs Taz, Batman, Iron Giant