This weekend, we have a matchday treat with everything from great stories. We have everything from a return home to a familiar face (Steven Gerrard) when Liverpool take on Aston Villa to the big Madrid derby (Real vs. Atletico) to thrilling calcio defeats in Italy for to the US-crowned champion Portland Timbers hosting New York City in the MLS Cup. There’s a little something for everyone, so let’s take a look at the top five games to watch this weekend along with some honorable mentions below:
5. Liverpool vs. Aston Villa
Day: Saturday, December 11 | Time: 10 a.m. ET
TELEVISION: United States | Direct: fuboTV (Try free)
Caesars sports betting odds: Liverpool -430; Draw +525; Aston Villa +1100
Why watch: For the story, it doesn’t get much better than Stevie G and a resurgent Aston Villa team entering Anfield. He will have a tough task stopping Mohamed Salah but Villa have had a revitalized defense since Gerrard took over. Liverpool may be without Diogo Jota but that won’t stop them from pondering the depth of the team.
Craving more from the game of the world? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Football Podcast where we take you off the field and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
4. Napoli vs. Empoli
Why watch: While Napoli’s squad got thinner by the week, they were generally able to get a result. After losing to Atalanta with a Europa League win over Leicester City, Luciano Spalletti will prepare his squad this weekend. Empoli have been one of the toughest teams this season as they have played in most of the games but have also found a way to lose games you would expect them to win. They hope that Andrea Pinamonti can stay in good form to keep them in this tournament.
3. Sassuolo vs Lazio
Day: Sunday, December 12 | Time: 12 p.m. ET
Direct: Supreme +
Caesars sports betting odds: Sassuolo +165; Draw +255; Lazio +155
Why watch: Lazio are doing all they can to make the season a roller coaster ride. Receiving red cards in the last two Serie A games, scoring four goals against Napoli and Udinese, scoring a total of seven goals in the last two games, there is something for everyone! Sassuolo is also in a similar situation when scoring many goals in 5 consecutive matches but also conceding 4 in the last 5 matches.
2. Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid
Day: Sunday, December 12 | Time: 3 p.m. ET
Caesars sports betting odds: Real Madrid +111; Draw +240; Atletico Madrid +250
Why watch: With Real Madrid already 10 points behind Atletico going into this derby, the group may not be as dangerous as usual but these matches are generally must-see matches. It will be important to see how Real can cope without Karim Benzema but it must be a matter of tight competition.
1. Portland Timbers FC vs. New York City FC
Day: Saturday, December 11 | Time: 3 p.m. ET
TELEVISION: ABC | Direct: fuboTV (Try free)
Caesars sports betting odds: Portland +180; Draw +215; New York +165
Why watch: In what could be Diego Valeri’s last game for the Portland Timbers, they will host the MLS Cup for the first time in franchise history when they take on New York City FC. While this is Portland’s third time making it to the finals, it is NYCFC’s first appearance since its founding in May 2013 when they welcomed MLS Golden Shoe winner Valentin Castellanos back after suspension. This is one of those places where both teams will look to leave everything on the field.
(All time US / Eastern)
Friday, December 10: A game to watch in…
- Italy: Genoa vs. Sampdoria, 2:45 p.m. (Supreme +)
- Germany: Koln vs Augsburg, 2:30pm (ESPN+)
- England: Brentford vs. Watford, 3pm (NBCSN and fuboTV — Try free)
- France: Nantes vs Lens, 3pm (fuboTV — Try free)
Saturday, December 11th: A game to watch in…
- England: Manchester City vs. Wolves, 7:30 am (NBCSN and fuboTV — Try free)
- Spain: Athletic Club vs Sevilla, 3pm (ESPN+)
- Italy: Venice vs Juventus, 12 midnight (Supreme +)
- Germany: Bayern Munich vs Mainz, 9:30pm (ESPN+)
- France: Brest vs. Montpellier, 11 a.m. (beIN Sports and fuboTV — Try free)
- Argentina: Boca Juniors vs. Central Cordoba, 8 p.m. (Supreme +)
Sunday, November 21st A game to watch in…
- England: Burnley vs. West Ham United, 9am (NBCSN and fuboTV — Try free)
- Spain: Osasuna and Barcelona, 10:15 a.m. (ESPN+)
- Italy: burial Milan vs. Cagliari, 2:45 p.m. (CBS Sports Network and Supreme +)
- Germany: Entracht Frankfurt vs Bayer Leverkusen, 11:30am (ESPN+)
- France: PSG vs Monaco, 2:45pm (beIN Sports and fuboTV — Try free)
- Argentina: San Lorenzo vs. Newell’s Old Boys, 3 p.m. (Supreme +)
- Brazil (Copa do Brasil final): Atlético Mineiro vs Athletico Paranaense, 3:30pm (fuboTV — Try free)
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/mls-cup-madrid-derby-steven-gerarrd-returns-to-liverpool-how-to-watch-live-stream-top-soccer-games-on-tv/ MLS Cup, Derby to Madrid, Steven Gerarrd to Liverpool: How to watch, live stream top football matches on TV