In this edition of “On The Menu,” Shaped by Charlotte’s Charlotte Martin shows us how to make some delicious and nutritious overnight oats with everyone’s childhood favorite, peanut butter and jelly. Here’s a copy of Charlotte’s recipe:
PB&J Overnight Oats
Makes 2 to 3 servings
READ MORE: Then & Present: Past, Present & Future of Penn Station in Baltimore
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons crispy peanut butter or cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ to 2/3 cup chia seed jam (recipe follows)
READ MORE: Moderna looks for blue light to vaccinate toddlers and young children
- Place all ingredients except chia seed jam in a medium bowl or bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove from refrigerator and stir. If the consistency is not creamy enough, add a little more milk and stir again.
- Top with chia seed jam and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Berry Chia Jam
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh strawberry of your choice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
MORE NEWS: Maryland State Police Detectives Search the Identity of the Road Angry Suspect Gunman
- In a small bowl, stir together chia seeds and orange juice; Set aside to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the berries in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Periodically crush the berries as you stir, although if the berries are small, you can leave some whole for texture. Cook until strawberries are soft and bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chia seed and maple syrup mixture, if using, and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow jam to cool and thicken in pan before using or storing for later.
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/03/23/on-the-menu-making-pbj-overnight-oats-berry-chia-jam/ Making PB&J Overnight Oats & Berry Chia Jam – CBS Baltimore