The current generation Mahindra Pik-Up will continue unchanged in Australia for 2024.
Mahindra Australia says it is waiting an upcoming global ute. This ute was designed to more directly tackle vehicles like the Toyota HiLux, but isn’t expected until around 2027 or 2028.
The current Pik Up is available in a single version called S11, with either a double cab chassis or a double cab body and standard automatic transmission. There is no longer a single cab model or manual transmission in Australia.
For more news and videos about driving, visit Motoring >>
Mahindra is currently offering a version of the S11 cab chassis to East Coast customers for $39,990, which includes the work package, a snorkel and a heavy-duty aluminum tray from Triple M trays.
- 2024 Mahindra Pik-Up S11 Double Cab Chassis 4×4: $37,990
- 2024 Mahindra Pik-Up S11 Double Cab Pickup 4×4: $38,500
All prices are drive-away prices.
Both variants of the 2024 Mahindra Pik-Up feature a 2.2-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel engine with 103 kW of power and 320 Nm of torque.
It comes with an Aisin-sourced six-speed automatic transmission and part-time four-wheel drive.
Mahindra claims the Pik-Up S11 4×4 consumes 9.3L/100km on the combined cycle. The Pik-Up S11 has an 80 liter fuel tank.
The Pik-Up S11 now meets the Euro 6 emissions standard. Mahindra claims it emits 70 percent less nitrogen oxides than its predecessors, which equates to 61.6 mg/km.
The Mahindra Pik-Up is 5195mm long (5175mm in the ute version), 1820mm wide and 1915mm high, with a ground clearance of 210mm.
The Pik-Up S11 can tow up to 2500 kg with a braked trailer and 750 kg with an unbraked trailer and has a curb weight of 2115 kg.
It has an approach angle of 34 degrees, a breakover angle of 18 degrees and a departure angle of 15 degrees.
Maintenance and warranty
The Pik-Up S11 comes with a five-year, 150,000 km warranty, four years of top-price service and five years of roadside assistance.
The service prices are as follows:
- 12 months/10,000km: $499
- 24 months/25,000km: $499
- 36 months/40,000km: $799
- 48 months/55,000km: $499
The Mahindra Pik-Up received a three-star safety rating from ANCAP in 2012, but this has now expired.
It is equipped with dual front airbags and a rearview camera. There is no active safety equipment such as autonomous emergency braking.
The Pik-Up S11 comes standard with the following features:
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Automatic headlights
- Hill descent control with hill start function
- LED daytime running lights
- Rear air conditioning
- Static cornering lights
Mahindra offers the following genuine accessories:
- “Roothy approved” work package including bull bar, snorkel and heavy duty aluminum shell
- The trailer hitch is designed for a trailer load of up to 2,500 kg
- Aluminum trays, galvanized steel trays, color coordinated steel trays
- Winch compatible front guard
- Alloy bull bar
- Side brush bar rails
- push rod
- striking plate
- Sports bar with eight tension straps
- LED light strips
- Wide side steps
- 16-inch and 17-inch alloy wheels available
- Carpet floor mats
- Sandgrabba vinyl floor mats
- Vinyl flooring
- Canvas seat covers
- Suspension upgrade with bash plate
- Carpet dashboard mat
- Weather shields
- Tonneau cover to match the factory tub
- Manual 4×4 front locking hubs
- Arctic White
- Red rage
- De-Sat Silver
- Napoli Black
MORE: All Mahindra Pik-Up