Luis Palomino was barely scratched during his defense of BKFC’s dominant lightweight title against Martin Brown at Knucklemania 2.
Knucklemania is the biggest event of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship’s calendar year, using well-known names in their listings to attract as much attention as possible to their products. In the main card, that leads to bringing in Chad Mendez and Mike Perry for name recognition and star power. Often, this also means putting the biggest names possible on the final game of the night.
However, BKFC considers that it makes just as much sense to put their top champion in a match against an underrated boxer and see what happens.
Luis Palomino, the BKFC’s undefeated lightweight champion, ran around the challenging Martin Brown, looking faster, stronger and more skillful when it came to it. After 5 innings, Palomino had barely been touched by the opponent’s net and that was reflected on the scoreboard. Due to a critically inactive fifth, Palomino won’t sweep every round on all cards, but a four-round win over two judges and all other five rounds prevails.
Palomino immediately calls his next opponent after the match
Palomino is no stranger to calling out potential opponents, actually calling out Jorge Masvidal and Chad Mendez in 2021. His call at the end of Knucklemania 2, however, feels more personal than his earlier calls.
Palomino chose current BKFC middleweight champion Thiago Alves as his target after his win. Palomino addressed Alves’ criticism of him directly, finding one particular problem when he described Palomino as a “bully”. The lightweight champion calls Alves his next opponent and calls his place: the main match in Peru.
Victory in the main event pushed Palomino to an impressive 6-0, with four consecutive title defenses. If he can beat Alves for the middleweight title, he will become the first double champion in BKFC history.
KEY CARD (BKTV / Fite TV App)
- Luis Palomino def. Martin Brown adopts unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45) – for the lightweight title
- Mike Perry objected. Julian Lane adopts unanimous decision (48-46, 48-46, 48-46)
- Chad Mendes def. Joshuah Alvarez via TKO (punch) – Round 4, 1:34
- Christine Ferea def. Brother Beltran passes unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46) – for the vacated flyweight championship
- Gustavo Trujillo def. Stephen Townsel through the knockout – Round 1, 1:41
- Christine Vicens objected. Jade Masson-Wong via TKO (doctor’s stop) – Round 3, 0:49
- Francesco Ricchi def. Jake Bostwich passes unanimous decision (48-44, 48-44, 48-44)
- Ulysses Diaz def. Sawyer Depee through knockout – Round 2, 1:00
- Edgard Plazaola def. Chevvy Bridge over TKO (punch) – Round 3, 1:09
- Yosdenis Cedeno def. Mario Vargas passed unanimous decision (48-45, 49-44, 47-46)
- Jomi Escoboza def. Zion Tomlinson through knockout – Round 4, 1:16
https://fansided.com/2022/02/19/knucklemania-2-luis-palomino-dominates-martin-brown-retain-title/ Luis Palomino dominates Martin Brown to keep title