Luis Eduardo Posso, Jr. admits his son starved to death

Luis Eduardo Posso on the Monroe County Jail

Luis Eduardo Posso on the Monroe County Jail

A 35-year-old man in Indiana admitted last week to brutally abusing his 12-year-old son before starving the child. Luis Eduardo Posso Jr. pleaded guilty to a charge of murder on Wednesday Edward Posso in 2019, court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Posso, a transient man, had originally been charged with several other crimes, including one charge each of neglect of a loved one resulting in death, neglect of a loved one with cruel confinement, criminal confinement with assault and assault with assault of a person under 14. Prosecutors dropped those charges, as well as a petition seeking life in prison without the possibility of parole, in exchange for Posso pleading guilty to the murder.

According to a report by The Herald TimesPosso carried his unconscious son to the emergency room at IU Health Bloomington Hospital at approximately 2:52 a.m. on May 24, 2019. The boy was pronounced dead a short time later, at around 3:05 a.m

Medical staff at the hospital reportedly told investigators that Eduardo “was found by hospital staff to be severely emaciated and had multiple bruises, lacerations and ulcers in various stages of healing all over his body.” The child weighed just 50 pounds at the time of his death.

An autopsy revealed that the child had been badly beaten and had not been fed for a long time. coroner Joni Shields He reportedly decided the cause of death was starvation.

Investigators investigating the circumstances of Eduardo’s death soon uncovered a wealth of evidence illustrating the horrifying nature of the boy’s final days.

According to that Kokomo Grandstand, cellphone footage dated May 19, 2019, showed Eduardo in the bathroom of a motel room. He was reportedly chained to a towel rail and bound hand and foot. He also wore a dog electroshock collar.

Eduardo’s stepmother, 28 years old Dayana Median Flores, pleaded guilty to murder in the boy’s horrific death last year. Judge of the District Court of Monroe Christine Talley Hasemen later sentenced Median-Flores to 65 years in state prison, the maximum sentence for murder in Indiana.

Dayana Median Flores

Dayana Median Flores

A probable cause affidavit filed in the case reportedly said that Median-Flores told investigators that Posso was primarily responsible for the beatings Eduardo suffered. She reportedly claimed that Posso often used a belt, a shoe, or his bare hands to hit Eduardo.

Median Flores reportedly said she and Posso only made the decision to take Eduardo to the emergency room after realizing he was “cold to the touch” and not breathing.

Before Eduardo’s death, the couple also took care of three other children aged two, five and nine. Police said none of the other three children showed any signs of abuse or starvation.

In the hotel room where the family stayed, investigators recovered the shock collar, chains, padlocks and shackles. Police said the couple left the boy chained in the bathroom for weeks without food.

The couple reportedly worked for Jose Pages Advertising and Distribution and were hired to promote Cirque Italia’s Big Top Gold Water Circus, which had several shows at the Bloomington College Mall in June 2019.

At the time, several detectives said it was the worst case they had ever worked on.

“There are no words,” said Detective Lt. Jennifer Allen by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to WTHR, an affiliate of Indianapolis NBC, in 2019. I mean, there really are no words for this type of abuse.”

“I can’t imagine a case like this in 30 years,” Sheriff said Brad Swain should have been reported to the broadcaster. “This is beyond anything I’ve worked on.”

The Monroe County Attorney’s Office and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to messages from Law&Crime asking for more details on the case.

[image via Monroe County Sheriff’s Office]

Do you have a tip we should know? [email protected]

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/theres-really-no-words-for-this-type-of-abuse-indiana-circus-promoter-pleads-guilty-to-beating-and-starving-12-year-old-son-to-death/ Luis Eduardo Posso, Jr. admits his son starved to death

James Brien

24ssports is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@24ssports.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button