Los Alamitos Opens for Winter Purebred Meet Dec 3

After a successful autumn meeting at Del Mar, the race in Southern California switches to Los Alamitos . Racecourse in a seven-day afternoon meet before winter/spring at Santa Anita . Park. The meeting took place from December 3 to 12.

Fifty-six horses participated in eight races on opening day, averaging seven horses per race. Teenage races, declaration races, and starters allowance include a Friday card.

The track will host its first staking race of the meeting on December 4 when it passes the $300,000 Starlet Stakes (G1) round for 2-year-olds. That race is the co-richest of the season, along with the $300,000 Los Alamitos Futurity (G2) on Dec.

Both races are potentially point-earning qualifiers on the Road to the Kentucky Derby and the Road to the Kentucky Oaks.

Among the top candidates for Starlet are Grace Adler , winner of TVG Del Mar Debutante Stakes (G1), and Eda , a winner of her last two starts. Messier could be the favorite for Futurity.

Registration for

Starlet and Futurity, along with $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes (G3) on December 5, include the graded stake in the track’s five-race schedule. The other two stakes are one mile and are for 2-year-olds bred or bred in California. The guaranteed $100,000 Soviet Matters Share for the fill will be exercised on December 10th while the $100,000 Vuong Vinh Shares for the ponies and geldings will be contested on December 12th.

The show on December 10 will also feature a winners’ circle ceremony and a video presentation honoring coach Art Sherman, who recently announced his retirement.

Sherman, 84, who has been involved in racing as a gymnast, equestrian and coach for more than 67 years, has had her greatest success as a conditioner with two Horse of the Year winner California Chrome .

Winner of the 2014 Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (G1) and Preakness Stakes (G1), California Chrome has been based in Los Alamitos for most of its career. Sherman is slated to star in his final lead role on December 10.

Los Alamitos will also continue to host regular weekend shows at night for Quarter Horses and Lower Thoroughbreds while the afternoon Higher Thoroughbred meet is in progress.

The track will offer a variety of exotic bets, including the Popular Player’s Pick 5 — a minimum bet of 50 coins with a payout of 14% — for the first five laps. The traditional $6 pick will have a 70-30 split with 70% of the total going to those tickets with six winners and the remaining 30% going to tickets with five of the six winners.

The track will host a handicap competition on December 11, with cash prizes and a pair of berths in the 2022 National Thoroughbred Racing Association Handicap Championship in Las Vegas.

Source link Los Alamitos Opens for Winter Purebred Meet Dec 3

John Verrall

24ssports is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@24ssports.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button