Ten Liverpool players drew 2-2 away Tottenham on Sunday night, with a poor performance by referee Paul Tierney who was unlucky to dominate the game.
Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool
Goal: Kane 13 yen, Son 74 yen; Jota 35′, Robertson 69′
Send: Robertson 77 yen
Harry Kane shot down Spurs first after a frantic opening to the proceedings, as the hosts left Liverpool with a nightmare on the counter-attack.
The game returned again as Son Heung-min made it 2-2 and Robertson was sent off, but Klopp’s men held on to what could have been a good point in May.
A breath-taking encounter with a rave reviews…
That game is absolutely insane. When you consider things that are out of our control like in an ongoing game, a player miss due to a rough and bad referee, that’s not a bad point.
– Andy (@AndyTheRed83) December 19, 2021
I know it’s difficult for City to keep winning every week, but you lose a point in this game, especially against Conte.
Weird match and with Virgil, Fabinho and Thiago we won but it’s a weird moment we live in.
– Rory Greenfield (@RoryGreenfield) December 19, 2021
Everything was considered a good point, but feeling the officials ruined the game there, we gave away a lot of chances but still imagine us with the number 11 on the pitch.
– Dinesh Kumar (@DHardayal) December 19, 2021
“Not the best performance, but take the points. There should have been a red card on Kanes’ stone wall and a decent pen.”
– Andy Stacey above Facebook.
All things considered, that’s a good result. It could have been easy to lose with the chances we gave up, so it made the umpire absolutely awful. There couldn’t be a worse preparation, so you’ll have a draw against a team that completes the top half with a top coach
– John O’Sullivan (@NotoriousJOS) December 19, 2021
Missing the first 5 CMs, the main CB was disqualified, missed a blatant red card in the first half and a penalty was not given. Balance, I’ll draw.
– Ste Davies (@StevenD1977) December 19, 2021
What a great effort by the Red Devils. Played Thursday night and got sick in camp. Gave it everything. Love you.
– Andrew Beasley? (@BassTunedToRed) December 19, 2021
All things considered a good point for #LFC. Tough game at any time but with Spurs halftime (looking much fresher), Covid hitting 2/3 of our best players, and a shocking referee, we’re still a long way off. City 3 points.
– Si Steers (@sisteers) December 19, 2021
Others are on fire at Robertson’s red card…
One is a red one. One is a yellow one.
Make it meaningful. pic.twitter.com/MKVEu4v2U8
– Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) December 19, 2021
It’s ridiculous that he went straight to VAR when it was Robertson, but completely ignored it for Kane. Absolute joke. The best league in the world and the officials are of a terrible standard.
– TheKop.com (@TheKop_com) December 19, 2021
“If Robertson’s decision is cLeAR aNd oBviOuS eRrOr and VAR overturns it, Kanes slides the ball straight into Robbos’ shin, then VAR is still a joke as usual.”
– Sam Fletcher-Hill above Facebook.
Has that match been fixed? No red for Kane, no penalty for Jota, red for Robertson. An unbelievable joke.
– The Kop (@Kop_Central) December 19, 2021
Such a joke, we were duped in that game Kane should have been sent off, we should have had a penalty and Robertson was straight red for a tackle that wasn’t even dangerous with the pair of two. Kane
– Danny (@ DannyPattis0n) December 19, 2021
Different rules for today’s England and Scotland captains
– James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) December 19, 2021
Alisson is special for Liverpool, despite an error in Son’s goal…
– Liverpool FC (@LFC) December 19, 2021
Alisson is the best goalkeeper itw and journalists voted Balon d’Or without him in the top 10. There is certainly no Premier League goalkeeper at his level.
– Red (@TaintlessRed) December 19, 2021
Nothing speaks to the madness of that game quite like Alisson and Robertson. Both were incredible at times, both with a strong case for the man of the match, but one was sent off and the other brought the equalizer. Crazy game.
– Paul (Maych) Machin (@ThePaulMachin) December 19, 2021
Alisson is world class but I bet he was never a MoM, was he? We were so good that he never needed to be.
Can get it today.
– J (@JayDiddly) December 19, 2021
Even though he made a mistake for the second goal, Alisson was unbelievable today. We lose 5-2 if another goalkeeper is in the goal
– Certified Rompie Boy (@Rompie_DaSilva) December 19, 2021
Alisson is just an illusion
– Landy (@Gizzle81) December 19, 2021
The referee’s all-round performance was slaughtered…
A very hairy performance by Paul Tierney. Completely out of his depth.
– Jack Lusby (@LusbyJack) December 19, 2021
Always playing tough with 12 men and only 10 of us in the last 30 games. Memorably City lost to Spurs, if I try to look at the bright side.
– And he can play (@ andcouldheplay7) December 19, 2021
Two points were dropped for Liverpool but almost the same as one was won against 12 men. Sky can say all they want about this being a great game but the real story of the day is how pitiful the refereeing is in this country
– Neil Docking (@NeilDocking) December 19, 2021
“We look back on that and honestly a draw is a fair outcome. It’s a shame that the referee was hopeless.”
– Stephen Watkins above Facebook.
Look, one point is more than we deserve but oh my god this shit is getting a bit tiring at this point, isn’t it?
– Mari Lewis (@MariCLewis) December 19, 2021
I hope Paul Tierney has the best Christmas ever.
– Scouser Chris (@ScouserChrisLFC) December 19, 2021
Hope Paul Tierney walks on Lego barefoot.
– Floyd (@TheFNundy) December 19, 2021
We need to have a discussion about how the supposedly fastest league in the world is introduced by middle-aged blobbers.
– Kristian (@vonstrenginho) December 19, 2021
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/12/liverpool-fans-all-say-same-thing-after-terrible-referee-performance/ Liverpool fans all said the same thing after the referee’s “terrible” performance – Liverpool FC