Just over two weeks later Released for Pixel phonesAndroid 12L Beta 2 is now available on Lenovo Tab P12 Pro.
An upgrade from Developer Preview 1, Android 12L Beta 2 paired with security patch 2021-12-01. As before, Lenovo provides “SW Flashing Pack” and now the “12L Beta2” image. We had some issues installing the first version, but hopefully those are resolved now.
Unlike Google, there are no release notes identifying what issues have been resolved. Lenovo also hasn’t updated the “SW Limits” list[s]”From December:
- ‘App and data duplication’ in OOBE is not supported.
- Fingerprint unlock is not supported
- Face unlock is not supported
- Function related to TOF sensor removed
- The stylus key function is not supported but the basic function works
- Two-finger trackpad functions are not supported
- Does not support swiping up / down / left / right on the touchpad with 3 or 4 fingers
- Miracast function is not supported
- Screen output via cable (extension monitor) can be supported when force-monitor mode > is enabled in the developer menu.
- HDMI pass-through (extended display) can be supported when on
in the developer menu.
- VPN is not tested and may not work properly
- WIDI is not supported
Looking at Pixel upgrades, Beta 2 will introduce some stable fix and small features. Again, Android 12L on the Lenovo 12.6-inch tablet is for developer app testing only. Google plans to release one more beta next month ahead of a consumer launch in Q3 2022. It’s unclear if Lenovo will release another build or just move on to the final version.
This happens when Google believes that “Android tablets “are the “future of computing”.
More on Android 12L:
FTC: We use affiliate links that automatically earn income. Than.
https://9to5google.com/2022/01/28/android-12l-beta-lenovo-tab-p12-pro/ Lenovo releases Android 12L Beta 2 for Tab P12 Pro