NEW YORK (AP) – A tentative settlement has been reached in a lawsuit alleging Prince Andrew sexually abused Virginia Giuffre when she was just 17, in which the prince will make a substantial donation to the foundation. the accuser’s charity and said he never intended to harm her character, according to a court filed Tuesday.
Attorney David Boies, who represents Giuffre, said in a filing in Manhattan federal court that attorneys for both sides had informed the judge that an agreement had been reached in principle and that they would request dismissal of the case within one month.
Meanwhile, the letter said, the judge should suspend all deadlines and uphold the case.
Giuffre sued Andrew in August. The Americans accused the British royal family of sexually abusing her when she was 17 while she was traveling with financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew has vehemently denied Giuffre’s allegations and tried to debunk the case.
Attached to Boies’ letter was a statement that read: “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out-of-court settlement. The parties will file a statutory dismissal once Ms. Giuffre receives the settlement (total amount undisclosed).
“Prince Andrew plans to make a significant donation to Miss Giuffre’s charity to support victims’ rights. Prince Andrew never held any ill will towards Miss Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as a victim of abuse and the aftermath of unfair attacks.
“It is well known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over the years. Prince Andrew regrets his relationship with Epstein, and commends the courage of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up to protect themselves and others.
“He is committed to expressing his regret for his relationship with Epstein by supporting the fight against sex trafficking and by supporting its victims,” the statement said. write.
https://fox2now.com/news/national/sex-abuse-lawsuit-against-prince-andrew-settled-lawyers-say/ Lawyers say sex abuse case against Prince Andrew has been settled