King Charles sends Prince Andrew out of Buckingham Palace: ‘No place for him’
King Charles has summarily booted Prince Andrew out of Buckingham Palace after the recent controversy surrounding the controversial king.
The King has made it clear there will be no return to public life for Andrew, 62, after being linked to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who died in prison in 2019.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: King Charles boots Prince Andrew from Buckingham Place
Stream the world’s top reality, entertainment and true crime shows for free on 7Bravo on 7plus >>
The Duke of York stepped down from royal duties in May 2020 and was stripped of his royal patronage and military titles by his mother, the late Queen Elizabeth, in 2022.
His eviction from Buckingham Palace marks the final blow in Prince Andrew’s fall from grace.
His suite of rooms is now locked and may even be gutted as part of a $644 million palace renovation.
According to Sarah Greenhalgh, Seven’s royal correspondent, Andrew’s belongings were packed and shipped.
“He can no longer use his office or even the address for any official correspondence,” she told Sunrise on Friday.
“Prince Andrew used it as a bachelor pad after his divorce (from Sarah Ferguson).
“I can’t imagine he would be overly enthusiastic, but the King is making his position very clear that there is no turning back for Andrew.”
Not exactly homeless
But that doesn’t necessarily mean Prince Andrew is homeless.
“If he wanted to stay in London, he was offered the alternative of St James’s Palace, which is just around the corner from Buckingham Palace in central London,” Greenhalgh explained.
“I’m sure it will live up to his expectations!
“He also has his 31-room mansion at Windsor Lodge, so he’s fine.”
According to The Sun, Prince Andrew’s packed belongings included a collection of teddy bears.
“They reported that he has a collection of teddy bears and that the staff actually got a piece of paper with the layout of how he liked those teddy bears when he went to bed,” Greenhalgh said.
“No place for Andrew”
Speaking to The Sun on Thursday, a royal source said King Charles had made it clear Buckingham Palace was “no place for Prince Andrew”.
“First his office closed last year and now his sleeping quarters,” the source said.
“Andrew loved having a suite at Buckingham Palace, where he not only set himself up for his married life with Sarah Ferguson, but used it as a bachelor pad after his divorce.
“He brought back a number of new girlfriends to his palace home – even (the) model Caprice.
“A bachelor’s flat in St. James’s Palace does not have the same appeal for a single man.”
For more engaging royal content, visit 7Life on Facebook.
https://7news.com.au/entertainment/royal-family/king-charles-boots-controversial-royal-out-of-buckingham-palace-c-9576770 King Charles sends Prince Andrew out of Buckingham Palace: ‘No place for him’