Kakadu Plum Ice Cream with Bushtucker Brittle: Matt & KT Recipe
Watch Matt & KT cook this dessert in Episode 11 of MKR on 7plus.
Preparation time: 40 minutes + marinating Cooking time: 20 minutes serves: 4
Watch My Kitchen Rules on Channel 7 and stream it for free on 7plus >>
- Edible flowers for decoration
KAKADU PLUM JAM
- 1 kg Kakadu plums
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 500g powdered sugar
- 500ml water
- 360ml milk
- 220g powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 750 ml thickened cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup freeze-dried finger lime
- ¼ cup dried rose petals
- 375 g powdered sugar
- 125ml water
- For the Kakadu Plum Jam, place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour or until plums are very soft. Remove from the stove and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a blender and puree into a puree. Pass through a sieve and discard solids. Cool jam.
- To prepare ice cream, use an electric mixer to beat milk, sugar, and salt on low speed until sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cream and vanilla. Pour into an ice cream maker and mix according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once frozen soft, transfer to a freezer-safe container and toss through cold Kakadu plum jam.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to crumble.
- Spread the nuts, dried finger lime and rose petals in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a medium-heavy saucepan, stir together the sugar and water, without boiling, until the sugar has dissolved. Use a damp pastry brush to brush away any stray sugar crystals on the side of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil. Cook without stirring until golden brown. Carefully pour the caramel over the nut mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Break.
- Serve ice cream with brittle. Decorate with edible flowers.
https://7news.com.au/entertainment/my-kitchen-rules/mkr-episode-11-kakadu-plum-ice-cream-with-bushtucker-brittle-c-7971805 Kakadu Plum Ice Cream with Bushtucker Brittle: Matt & KT Recipe