Joe Smith vs Steve Geffrard Fight Wallet, Payment, Salary

Joe Smith Jr and Steve Geffrard will advance to a thrilling WBO light heavyweight belt. However, Joe Smith was originally scheduled to take on Callum Johnson.

After Johnson was forced to withdraw from the fight because of Covid, Geffrard jumped in. Smith will defend his WBO lightweight belt, which he has held since April 2021.

Joe Smith won the vacant WBO lightweight belt against Maxim Vlasov last year. He will enter the ring with a 27-3 record and this will be his first defense.

On the other hand, Geffrard will enter 18-2 and will face the biggest clash of his career. Furthermore, this will also be his first title, which is a huge step forward in his career.

The match will be a PPV fight, so there will be a big purse and prize money for both fighters. Let’s check them out.

Joe Smith Jr and Steve Geffrard Purse

Joe Smith and Steve Geffrard

Joe Smith Jr (L) and Steve Geffrard (R) face off for the WBO light heavyweight championship at the Turning Stone Resort Casino on January 14, 2022 in Verona, New York. (Photo by Mikey Williams / Top Rank Inc via Getty Images)

Joe Smith is the current title holder and he is a stronger fighter with a huge fan base. So it’s clear that fans are waiting to see Smith as he hasn’t been in the ring after April 2021. As a result, Joe Smith will earn a significant portion of PPV sales, which is 60%. On the other hand, Steve Geffrard will make 40% from PPV. Smith’s guaranteed wallet is also higher than the competition. He will guarantee $400k and Steve will insure $75k.

Combat aircrafts Secured wallet PPV Share Total payment (approximately)
Joe Smith $400K CZK 60% 1 million dollars
Steve Geffrard 75 thousand dollars 40% $250 thousand

The payment we mentioned is not the final payment as other offers will be added later.

However, these payments do not include any deductions for certain classified items such as permits, insurance, and taxes. In addition, the PPV reduction is also not calculated here. Furthermore, sponsors and other incentive payments will be added after the event ends. Due to this, gladiators will earn more which we will update according to the organizer’s disclosure form.

Note: This post has been compiled from various news sources and authors believed to be reliable. As soon as the final payment is revealed, we will update the data.

https://www.sportszion.com/joe-smith-vs-steve-geffrard-fight-purse-payouts-salaries/ Joe Smith vs Steve Geffrard Fight Wallet, Payment, Salary

Subhankar Mondal

24ssports is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@24ssports.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button