Sticky miso chicken with soba noodles
Time: 25 minutes
Watch The Morning Show on Channel 7 and stream it for free on 7plus >>
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 piece of ginger, grated
4x chicken thighs
1x pack of soba noodles
4x shallots, thinly sliced
1x lime quartered
Red chili, sliced (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine honey, soy, miso, and sesame oil and mix well. Add the chicken and mix until well combined. let marinate.
2. Thread a piece of chicken onto two skewers. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until brown and golden on both sides. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and add ¼ cup water to deglaze the pan. Turn off the heater.
3. Cook the noodles according to package directions and garnish with shallots, lime, chilli and chicken. Dress the noodles with the deglazed pan juice.
Quick Thai Beef Salad
Time: 15 minutes + marinade time
Beef 8x Sizzle Steaks
salt and pepper
Salad: 1 large carrot, cut into strips 200 g vermicelli Rice noodles, cooked 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally 1 bunch of Thai basil 1 bunch of mint 1 bunch of coriander 1 lime, quartered Dressing: 2 tablespoons fish sauce ¼ cup lime juice
2 tsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 chopped chilli
- Place a grill pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot and smoking, cook the steak quickly and season generously. Cooking should only take 30 seconds per side
- On a large tray, place the cooked pasta, carrots, scallions, and herbs on a serving tray
- Place fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, oil and chili in a glass. Shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the cooked meat on the tray and sprinkle with the dressing
https://7news.com.au/the-morning-show/performances/jacob-leung-makes-sticky-miso-chicken-with-soba-noodles-c-8333309 Jacob Leung makes sticky miso chicken with soba noodles