How to redeem prepaid codes on Xbox One X
Xbox players can still purchase and redeem prepaid codes for the Xbox One X. While most will be on next-gen consoles like the Xbox for that reason, loading funds to purchase a game on the digital store might be one of the only ways to play older titles with limited physical copies.
Below is everything gamers need to know to buy and top up prepaid Xbox cards on Xbox One X.
How to redeem a prepaid code over the internet
The first way to redeem Xbox One X prepaid codes is through a web browser. Below are the steps you need to follow to load money onto your console using a personal PC or mobile device.
- Step 1 – Go to your browser -> Redeem code -> Sign in
- Step 2 – Enter your 25 character prepaid code.
- Step 3 – Select “Redeem”.
How to redeem a prepaid code in the Xbox app for Windows
Microsoft fans can also claim their prepaid codes through the Xbox app for Windows. Follow the steps below to request a code using your Xbox app and Microsoft account.
- Step 1 – Open the Xbox app on your PC
- Step 3 – Navigate to “Store” in the app.
- Step 4 – Select “Redeem” in the middle of the main store screen
- Step 5 – Enter the 25-digit code and select “Confirm”.
How to redeem a prepaid code on the Xbox One X console
The easiest way to redeem a prepaid code for the Xbox One X is to do it through the console store. Below are the steps to redeem a prepaid code through the Xbox One X console.
- Step 1 – Press the Xbox button -> select “Home” (Make sure you sign in to the same Microsoft account you want to redeem the code in.)
- Step 2 – Scroll right and then select the Microsoft Store icon
- Step 3 – Select “Use code”
- Step 4 – Enter the 25-digit code and redeem your code using the on-screen keyboard