The lovable gentle giant from the 1999 animated film of the same name shows more of his destructive side in MultiVersus. Referred to as a tank character, he is a force to be reckoned with, dominating the battlefield with his very large stature and suppressive abilities. In terms of gameplay, he’s quite a complicated character, with a lot of abilities revolving around his Rage Mode, bonus Gray health, and his laundry list of passives. Because of this, it’s a bit more difficult to acquire than most other characters, since you’ll have to shell out 3000 coins instead of the usual 2000 like most other characters.
Related: How to Play Batman in MultiVersus – Moves Guide, Strategies, Perks and More
How to play Iron Giant in MultiVersus
Iron Giant’s passive abilities
- Iron Giant doesn’t have a double jump, but instead flies when holding the jump. FLY activates his rocket boots, propelling him up and expending FUEL.
- Iron Giant grants itself and any ally that gains GRAY HEALTH a THORNS BUFF. Enemies take DAMAGE when they DAMAGE THORN users.
- When Iron Giant deals DAMAGE or his ally takes DAMAGE, his RAGE gauge fills. When he’s full, he can enter RAGE MODE, which dramatically changes many of his attacks, granting him GRAY HEALTH and making him immune to KNOCKBACK. Iron Giant will exit RAGE MODE after a period of time or when its GRAY HEALTH is depleted. Allies can press their normal neutral input to control Iron Giant while he is in RAGE MODE, then aim his tentacles and fire light laser projectiles with normal input and heavy laser projectiles with special input.
- Fighters can walk on Iron Giant’s shoulders like a PLATFORM when he is in WALL CLING. Iron Giant will WALL SLIDE after a fighter has stood on their shoulders long enough. Enemies bounce off him like a WALL when they collide with him in KNOCKBACK.
Iron Giant’s ground attacks
- Metal Eater/100 Ton Kick (Neutral) — Iron Giant RUNS a bite on metal that BREAKS ARMOR. In RAGE MODE he CHARGES a forward kick.
- Auto Side Damage/Martian Lasers (Side) – Iron Giant delivers a combo that smashes a car, then sits on it to silence its horn. In RAGE MODE, he CHARGES multiple shots of a laser projectile.
- Attention: Flying Metal (Up) — Iron Giant CHARGES then hurls a junk item up. In RAGE MODE, he fires 3 rocket projectiles overhead that shoot down. Missiles can be fired multiple times before COOLDOWN applies.
- This…is Art!/Hydraulic Stomp (Down) — Iron Giant places an Artwork ITEM and knocks down nearby enemies. Allies who pick up the artwork gain a THORNS BUFF. In RAGE MODE, he RUNS up and then slams his foot down, creating a shockwave. CHARGE increases the range of the shockwave.
Iron Giant’s airstrikes
- Booster Barrage (Neutral) — Iron Giant spins its legs around while firing its rocket boots, hitting multiple times and expending FUEL. It can CHARGE to extend the attack’s duration, but uses more FUEL.
- Rocket Kick (Side) — Iron Giant raises and fires its rocket boots forward, hitting multiple times and burning FUEL.
- superman! (High) — Iron Giant shoots up with a heroically held fist. He can fly while attacking.
- Blast Radius (Bottom) — Iron Giant detonates its rocket boots downward, creating a trail of fire PROJECTILE that spreads across the ground. He can CHARGE to continue the attack, but consumes FUEL.
Iron Giant’s soil specialties
- Bolt Friends/Hyper Static Attack (Neutral) — Iron Giant summons BOLTS to orbit him. Each BOLT behaves similarly to ARMOR, but is immune to ARMOR BREAK abilities. Can be summoned while performing other moves. His allies gain GRAY HEALTH based on the number of lightning bolts. Both will have an electrical discharge after a short delay. In RAGE MODE, Iron Giant fires a powerful electric PROJECTILE. Both attacks have separate COOLDOWNS. When Iron Giant picks up ITEMS, he will eat them and refresh the COOLDOWN on his BOLTS.
- Carry On/Stunnalizer 3000 (side) — Iron Giant grabs a nearby enemy. The enemy is STUNNED and Iron Giant can carry them across the map. They are dropped after Iron Giant performs its next attack. In RAGE MODE, he fires an energy ball that will STUN enemies. COOLDOWN applies to the energy projectile.
- Systems are Go!/Electric Surge (Up) — Iron Giant spins a battered hot rod around itself, blocking PROJECTILES. He can move and fly while attacking, and the direction of his movement changes the angle at which the Hot Rod turns. In RAGE MODE, Iron Giant summons an electric shock into his body. COOLDOWN applies to electric shock.
- Cannonball!/Aerial Laser Blast (Down) — Iron Giant jumps in the air and then cannonballs down. Before he jumps, he can move a target on the ground that controls where his cannonball lands. In RAGE MODE, Iron Giant fires a laser projectile downwards. CHARGE to increase the range of the PROJECTILE.
Air Specials by Iron Giant
- Bolt Friends/Hyper Static Attack (Neutral) — Similar to earth.
- Rocket Boost!/Stunnalizer 3000 (side) — Iron Giant fires back his rocket boots and darts forward. He can CHARGE to continue the attack, but consumes FUEL. In RAGE MODE, this attack is similar to his Grounded Side Special.
- Systems are Go!/Electric Surge (Up) — Similar to earth.
- Cannonball!/Aerial Laser Blast (Down) — Similar to Boden, but Iron Giant doesn’t aim and immediately transitions into downward cannonball.
Advantages of Iron Giant
- Boundless Energy (Tier 2) — Your team gains 10% faster dodge invulnerability recharge.
- The purest motivation (level 4) — Your team deals 15% more damage for 10 seconds after calling an ally.
- Equip Ally Perks (Level 6) — Unlocks the ability to take advantage of an ally in team games.
- School Me Once (Level 7) — Your team gains a PROJECTILE BLOCK buff for 2 seconds after being knocked back by a PROJECTILE.
- Afterburner (Level 8) — When Iron Giant’s Rocket Boots IGNITE the ground, they leave firewalls behind.
- Perk Training (Level 9) — Unlocks the ability to train EVERY perk in the game.
- Static Discharge (Level 10) — Iron Giant’s passive grants a STACK OF THORNS for each unique source of GRAY HEALTH.
- Ready for Vengeance (Level 11) — Your team grants allies 3 GRAY HEALTH for 3 seconds after knocking back enemies with PROJECTILES.
- Wrong Side of the Bed (Level 12) — Iron Giant appears with part of his RAGE meter already filled.
- Wildcat Bat (Level 13) — Your team deals 5% more damage with ground melee attacks.
Tips and strategies for playing Iron Giant in MultiVersus
As you can see from his list of skills, Iron Giant is a tough nut to crack. His role is best suited to protecting his partner and generally staying close to enemy thugs, as he can easily take down even the best with the right use of skills.
Iron Giant’s aerial play is great, and his Fly ability gives him excellent mid-air control, while his variety of Laser and Rocket Boot attacks make him a menace from all angles. But you should be careful in the air – his ability to fly means he doesn’t have a double jump, which is the normal life saver if you get knocked sideways. And while the Iron Giant has good recoil resistance, you have to consider the amount of fuel it would take to get back to the platform.
On the ground, you want to challenge your opponents with abilities such as Continue, systems are loose!and car side damage, while charging your Rage mode. Careful use of this mode and a good partner can win you over any opponent. And always remember that your rage lasts as long as your gray health, so make sure you combine to get as much as you can before you rage.
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/how-to-play-iron-giant-in-multiversus-moves-guide-strategies-perks-and-more How to Play Iron Giant in MultiVersus – Moves Guide, Strategies, Perks and More