Although you’ll encounter the mop quest fairly early on in playing Return to Monkey Island, it’s certainly not an easy one to solve. This is mostly because the clue book you get early on from the International House of Mojo doesn’t give any clues to this quest. Therefore, you will have to find out for yourself, which can ultimately be a hassle for many. Separately, we list all the steps you need to take to get the mop in Return to Monkey Island.
Related: How to free Otis from prison in Return to Monkey Island
How to acquire mop in Return to Monkey Island
To get a mop in Return to Monkey Island, follow the steps listed below:
- Interact with Quartermaster on LeChuck’s ship and try to get a job there.
- On the same ship, go to the dock and read Carla’s re-election poster. Note their slogan as it will be needed later.
- Interact with the chef in the Scumm Bar and try to borrow the mop.
- On the dock near the Scumm Bar’s kitchen, grab the tangled cord.
- Go to Carla’s statue on Low Street and read the plaque on it.
- Buy a knife and the Forgiveness Frog from the International House of Mojo now.
- Go to the Governor’s Mansion and try to borrow the ingredient book.
After completing the above steps, it’s time to apologize to Carla with the forgiveness frog and quill pen. All you have to do is choose a set of correct phrases. Begin the apology with “Dear Carla” followed by “Sorry I lost the book I borrowed.” After that, use your slogan from earlier as the third sentence. Finally, choose any sentence to complete the apology as it will not affect the result if you chose the first three above.
Once you have handed the apology to Carla, she will lend you the ingredient book. Now go to the Scumm Bar and give the cook the ingredients book. While he’s distracted by the book, use your knife to carve a piece of his mop. Finally, at Maps-n-More on Low Street, give the piece of wood to Wally and he’ll give you a map with the location of the mop tree.
It’s worth noting that the map is not final and will vary from player to player. Follow the map and make your way to the mop tree. Once you get to the tree, use your knife to carve a handle out of the tree. Combine the carved handle with the twisted cord and now you have your very own mop.
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/how-to-get-the-mop-in-return-to-monkey-island How to get the mop in Return to Monkey Island