Mohg is one of the tougher bosses you will encounter in the Lands Between. Like Margit and Morgott, Mohg has many delayed attacks that can mess up your timing and result in you being punished for doing so. Luckily, there are a few ways you can help yourself in combat, and completing it can unlock a whole new ending if you’re brave enough to traverse the Forsaken Depths. How to defeat Mohg the Omen in Elden Ring.
Mohg, the Omen location
Mohg isn’t in the most obvious place. In fact, it will take a lot of exploration to find out where he is. Start by heading to the capital of the Altus Plateau. Once inside, go to the giant dragon statue. There’s a darker area under the statue where you’ll find a well with a ladder leading into it. Climb down the well and follow the path to find the sewers referred to as the Underground Avoidance Grounds. From there you will have to traverse the various paths of the sewers until you come across the Forsaken Depths Site of Grace. Mohg is through the door leading down the stairs from this Place of Grace.
Mohg is a tough hitter and many of his attacks are delayed. He likes to attack with different combos. Also, don’t think you’re safe running across the room. Mohg can throw flaming blood across the room at you if you decide you need some space. Here are the attacks to be concerned about.
- Trident Strike – Mohg will thrust his trident forward in a jabbing motion. This attack has a very long range.
- Throw Bleeding Fire – Mohg throws bleeding fire that builds up your blood loss meter. This attack has a long range and can be used in two different ways. Mohg can throw the blood in either a wide arc or in a straight line.
- Trident Attacks – Mohg swings his trident in a combo that usually starts with an overhead swing and is followed by two horizontal swings before ending with a vertical jab.
- Bleeding Claws – Mohg swipes through the air, leaving claw marks in its wake. After a very short delay, the claw marks will explode with a fiery gore that builds up your blood loss meter.
- Raining Blood – Mohg will raise his arm and open a portal to rain blood around him. This will easily damage you and build up your blood loss meter.
How to defeat Mohg
Mohg may seem very intimidating, but he has one major weakness; his bondage. Just like Margit, you can make Mohg vulnerable for a short time with a bondage item. Mohg’s shackle is at the bottom of the room with all the pipes at the beginning of the sewers where the lobsters are. Start the fight with this item to get some free hits. Make sure to use Heavy Attacks or Jump Attacks to get the most stagger damage possible. Mohg is weak against physical attacks and stronger against everything else. Keep this in mind if you plan to use magic during combat.
If you choose to use Necromancers, make sure you summon them as soon as you enter. Otherwise you don’t have much time. You can use Mohg’s Shackle to stun him twice per fight. Use this to your advantage early on to lose a lot of health. After that, stay on your toes. The delayed attacks can be a bit confusing at times, but you can easily overcome them by dodging towards Mohg. Go around him and land a hit or two before backing off and getting back on the defensive. Make sure you keep moving when he uses his blood attacks. Staying in them can stagger you and destroy your health bar.
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/how-to-defeat-mohg-the-omen-in-elden-ring How to defeat Mohg the Omen in Elden Ring