How to create and link a Hoyoverse account for Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact is an extremely popular free-to-play ARPG available on multiple platforms, giving players many options on how they want to play the game. Players can enjoy the world of Genshin Impact on PC, mobile, and Playstation 4 and 5. With cross-save support, you can switch devices and continue playing the same Genshin Impact save, keep your progress, and enable crossplay. This guide will walk you through setting up your Hoyoverse account and linking it to your systems so you can enjoy Genshin Impact anytime, anywhere.
Related: Does Genshin Impact have crossplay?
How to create a Hooverse account
Creating a Hooverse account is easy. You need to go to the official Genshin Impact website and click on the Sign Up button in the top right corner of the page. From here, create the account you want to use. You can also do this when you open the game on PC or mobile by clicking the “Sign In” button.
If you only want to play on PC and mobile, you don’t have to do anything else. The Hoyoverse account you create will work on both systems and you will need to log into both systems with the same username and password to play the game. This means that whether you’re playing on PC or mobile, you’ll have access to your SAVE data and can pick up where you left off, regardless of which of the two systems you’re using.
How to use cross-save with a PSN account
Unlike PC and Mobile, linking your PSN account for Cross Save can be quite a hassle and requires a bit more work. Depending on whether you are moving your SAVE data to or from Playstation, the method of setting up your account linking is different. Here are the details for each situation.
Linking your PC/Mobile account to PlayStation 4/5 – Genshin Impact
note: You can only do this by using a PSN account that has never logged into Genshin Impact before. Also, make sure you’re signed into the correct PSN account before proceeding.
- Download Genshin Impact on your PS4/5
- Open the game
- Once the game loads, agree to the two hints that pop up.
- After these agreements, a pop-up will appear asking if you want to link or skip your account. Click on the option to link your account.
- A browser window will open and ask for your email. This is the email address you used when creating your Hoyoverse account.
- Enter your email address to receive a verification code
- Check your email and once you have the code, enter it in the space provided and your account should be linked.
Please note that This prompt only appears once. If you do not link your account when you first load the game, an account will be automatically created for you with your PSN email address and you will not be able to link another account to your PSN account. So, be sure to follow these instructions carefully.
Linking your PSN account to PC/Mobile – Genshin Impact
If you use this method, you must use a different email address than your PSN email address as you cannot link a PSN account to a Hoyoverse account with existing data. It’s also only possible to link one Hoyoverse account to your PSN account, so make sure you link the correct accounts before proceeding.
- Log into Genshin Impact on your PS4/5
- Click the Paimon icon in the top left of the screen
- Select the cogwheel to open Settings and go to Account option
- Select the User Center option
- Once the window loads, look for the Link Account option
- Create a new Hoyoverse account with a different email address than your PSN account
- Once this is done and linked, you should be able to play Genshin Impact on PC and mobile using your SAVE data from your PlayStation
If you are logging into Genshin Impact on PC or mobile, you must use the Hoyoverse account you have linked to your PSN account to log in.
It is also possible to link social media accounts to your Hoyoverse account for login and extra security. However, we advise you to avoid this method as it is usually the most temperamental and encounters errors and problems when trying to login or link accounts. If you do decide to do so, do so as a precaution after linking your accounts as we’ve explained here to avoid any unnecessary headaches. The Genshin Impact website has a helpful article to read if you encounter any major issues.
https://www.gamepur.com/guides/how-to-make-and-link-a-hoyoverse-account-for-genshin-impact How to create and link a Hoyoverse account for Genshin Impact