Yankees: Silence on Aaron Judge talks could be a good sign
What are the salaries of F1 drivers in 2022? Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen are the highest paid men in Formula 1 with massive contracts.
Formula 1 is big business, with millions and millions of dollars at stake every season. The cars themselves are expensive machines.
For drivers, every race is a chance to prove they deserve their place on the grid and the salary that comes with it.
Which earn the most each year?
F1 driver salaries 2022: How much will Formula 1 drivers be paid?
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) – $40 million
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) – $35 million
- Lando Norris (McLaren) – $20 million
- Fernando Alonso (Alpine) – $20 million
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin) – $15 million
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) – $15 million
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) – $12 million
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) – $10 million
- Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) – $10 million
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) – $10 million
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) – $8 million
- Kevin Magnussen (Haas) – $6 million
- George Russell (Mercedes) – $5 million
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine) – $5 million
- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri) – $5 million
- Alexander Albon (Williams) – $2 million
- Nicholas Latifi (Williams) – $1 million
- Mick Schumacher (Haas) – $1 million
- Guanyu Zhou (Alfa Romeo) – $1 million
- Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri) – $750,000
*All salaries via Spotrac
Spotrac lists Lewis Hamilton as the highest-paid driver in Formula 1, but Max Verstappen has just signed a long-term extension that is said to raise his salary closer to his title rivals. He is under contract with Red Bull until 2027.
However, as F1 driver salaries are not officially published, we only have to report on the value of these contracts and renewals.
It’s possible that Verstappen could earn as much as $50m this season. However, more details about his contract need to be revealed to say for sure.
In any case, the difference between the low earners and the top earners is quite large. The likes of Yuki Tsunoda, Guanyu Zhou and Mick Schumacher are just getting their feet wet in Formula 1. Tsunoda and Schumacher are in their second season on the starting lineup, while Zhou is a rookie.
https://fansided.com/2022/04/06/f1-driver-salaries-2022-formula-1-drivers-paid/ How much salary do Formula 1 drivers get?