Saturday Junior Tournament started another 10-week course on FINAL Saturday morning.
The Teen Program, which usually starts at 9:30 a.m. every Saturday, but has conflicts over high school schedules during these 10 Mondays.
Three such conflicts are listed below: (Also, NEVER BE OLD BEING IN youth leagues!)
* This week, January 15, 2022, Saturday Youth and Bumper Saturday tournaments start at 11am
* On December 2, 2022, Saturday Youth Leagues and Saturday Bumper Tournaments will also begin at 11 a.m.
* Then on February 27, 2022, Saturday Youth and Bumper Saturday tournaments will end on SUNDAY at 1pm
In addition, there is still a need for Adult Youth directors on the USBC MP Board to help with youth tournaments on Saturday mornings. (Need to train SafeSport/RVP online.)
REMEMBER YOUR STATE leagues too!
STATE 2021-2022 tournament destinations (Women, OPEN and CHILDREN.)
(Join Women’s & OPEN state tournaments with both the new ONLINE REGISTRATION system – see below for more details.)
MS USBC online tournament reservation/payment system (Women & OPEN) Call 616/635-2032 for more help.
*The 95th Annual MS USBC Women’s State Tournament, Muskegon, weekends February 19 to May 8 (unless extended). Go to website: MS USBChttp://www.michiganstateusbc.com/. Question: Contact the MS USBC office directly at 616/635-2032.
* MS USBC OPEN State Tournament 119th Annual Tournament, Livonia & Westland, Weekends Feb. 5 to May 8. Visit Website: MS USBC/www.michiganstateusbc.com/> for more details. Question: Contact the MS USBC office directly at 616/635-2032.
* The 40th Annual MS USBC YOUTH State Tournament, Bay City (Track & Alert Lanes), March 12 to April 24 (unless extended). All weekends are now open. Contact Becky Pope (989/506-6299) for application forms and additional details. Reservation request deadline: January 26, 2022 Application deadline: February 16, 2022 Website: MS USBChttp://www.michiganstateusbc.com/>
* The 36th Annual MICHIGAN Queens Tournament, Battle Creek (M-66 Bowl), November 20-21, 2021 (Ticket available)
Northern Michigan Leagues
* Annual Northern Michigan Women’s Championship, Traverse City, March 5 through March 27, additional details pending. If interested in bowling on one of these March weekends, contact Pam, (231) 947-2610 x 306 at Lucky Jack’s.
* Annual Northern Michigan OPEN Championship, Traverse City, April 10 – May 23, some details still pending. Contact Pam, (231) 947-2610 x 306 at Lucky Jack’s to open any tournament-time weekend next spring. MP USBC Reservations Weekend: April 30/1 May – Locally, contact Dave Lewis (989/560-8009) to reserve your group.
Adult National Tournament
USBC OPEN Championships in Las Vegas (March 12 to July 16) TEAM, D&S & All-Events consists of three categories based on skill level.
(All GPAs are converted to Sports GPA to determine skill level).
General Division, 176 and up, 156-175 Standard Division and Classification Division, for 155 and below. Dave Lewis is open Saturday/Sunday, April 23-24.
USBC Women’s Championship in nearby Addison, Illinois (April 24 to July 10)
Each year, more than 16,000 pitchers compete at the USBC Women’s Championship, the world’s largest participatory sporting event for women.
The tournament was the highlight of the USBC female members’ season. A vacation and the chance to compete in one of the sport’s most prestigious tournaments.
The event features four team competition categories and six doubles, singles and all events categories.
In this Monday’s Mixed Tournament at Riverwood Lanes, Pete Pineau, after shooting 299 in game one,
then responded strongly with the first 800+ series of his career! 299-279-229/807.
Well done, Pete, definitely done very well INDEED!
Mount Pleasant USBC – Serving all communities in mid-Michigan.
(Over 60 different mid-Michigan cities represented in our active bowlers from 2020-2021.)
See you “on the lanes” at Riverwood Lanes for the 2021-2022 season.
Stay safe, stay healthy.
Mid-Michigan found their bowling needs at Riverwood, Gateway, & Pins!
https://www.themorningsun.com/2022/01/11/high-school-bowling-and-saturday-youth-share-the-lanes/ High School Bowling and Seventh Youth Shared Lane – The Morning Sun