Seattle opened as a 1-point home favorite this week against the Washington Soccer Team, but it’s hard to justify those odds. In addition to the victory over Jacksonville a few weeks ago, the Seahawks played poorly, losing 5/6 games. Last week, they managed to only manage 266 yards and hold the ball under 20 minutes in a 23-13 loss to the Cardinals. As a reminder, Arizona doesn’t have Kyler Murray or DeAndre Hopkins for that game. Seattle gave Colt McCoy 328 yards of passes and two touches in the loss.
On the other hand, Washington has won outright in the past two matches. Last week, the Soccer Team hit the road and beat the Panthers 27-21. Taylor Heinicke threw three touchdowns, and the match on the ground was over 190 yards, leading 95 from Antonio Gibson. But let’s focus on the defense for a moment, which has just held the third opponent in a row under 300 yards. Washington has become one of the worst defensive teams in the first six weeks of the season, so the change is even more dramatic. A win over Seattle would put the Soccer Team in a hotly contested situation.
Odds, Over/Under, Money Flow
All odds from BetMGM. Odds are updated at 1 a.m. ET on Sunday. Click here for live odds.
- The Washington football team is 2-4-1 ATS when the home team is underdog in the last 7 games
- Washington football team won 3-9 ATS in the last 12 games
- Washington football team is 2-6 ATS when underrated in last 8 games
- Over is 1-4 in Washington matches in their last 5 matches
- Washington football team is 1-5 ATS at home in last 6 games
- The Seahawks have 20-8 ATS against a top 10 defense in their last 28 games
- The Seahawks won 3-8 ATS on the road in their last 11 games
- The Seahawks are 1-3-1 ATS against Washington in their last 5 games
- Seahawks are 1-6 ATS away favorites in their last 7 games
- The score above is 1-7 in Seahawks games in their last 8 games
Click here to learn more about The Athletic’s FREE betting contest with BetPrep.
Storyline for Seahawks-WFT
News about Seattle Seahawks
News about Washington Football Team
Michael Shawn Dugar
Another expert’s pick
(Photo by DK Metcalf: Steph Chambers / Getty Images; Athletic may receive affiliate commissions if you open an account with BetMGM via the links included in the article above)
https://theathletic.com/2786523/2021/11/28/seahawks-at-washington-football-team-spread-odds-picks-and-trends-expert-predictions-for-nfl-week-12-monday-night-football/?source=rss Expert Predictions for NFL Monday Night Football – The Athletic