The Rams don’t often hold a team under 200 yards and still lose. Then again, Matthew Stafford also didn’t often launch many interceptions deep in his territory. Stafford flipped the ball over at the Rams’ 8-yard line and his second spin was returned 24 yards after a touchdown in Los Angeles’ 28-16 loss to the Titans. If that wasn’t bad enough, the Rams also committed 12 penalties (!) within 115 yards. Los Angeles’ talent is undeniable, but self-inflicted mistakes will cost almost any team a game. That said, the Rams don’t often make those mistakes and open up as road favorites.
Losing to a competitor of the same rank at home is one thing. Being beaten by said opponent’s second-string foul is a whole other, far more embarrassing thing. That’s exactly what happened in the 49ers’ 31-17 loss to the Cardinals. Jimmy Garoppolo threw 326 yards and two touchdowns, but the running game could manage only 39 yards and the foul hit the ball 3 times. Those gifts won’t fly back to Los Angeles. But Rams is only 4-5 of the spread if you want to play the underdog here.
Odds, Over/Under, Money Flow
All odds from BetMGM. Odds are updated at 9:50 a.m. ET Sunday. Click here for live odds.
- 86% bet on Rams on spread
- 89 percent bet on under total
- 92% bet on Rams ‘ML
- The Rams are on 6-1 in their last 7 games
- Rams are favorites from 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Over is 1-3-1 in Rams games in their last 5 games
- The 49ers are winning 8-3 ATS against the Rams in their last 11 games
- The 49ers are losing 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games
- 49ers beat ATS 5-2 as underdog in their last 7 games
- 49ers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The 49ers are 1-7 ATS at home in their last 8 games
- The 49ers are 0-8 at home in their last 8 games
Click here to learn more about The Athletic’s FREE betting contest with BetPrep.
Storyline for Rams-49ers
News about Los Angeles Rams
News about San Francisco 49ers
(Photo by Matthew Stafford: Bob Levey / Getty Images; Athletic may receive an affiliate commission if you open an account with BetMGM via the links included in the article above)
https://theathletic.com/2780297/2021/11/14/rams-at-49ers-spread-odds-picks-and-trends-expert-predictions-for-monday-night-football-matchup-between-nfc-west-foes/?source=rss | Expert predictions for Monday Night Football match between NFC West – The Athletic