Exclusive versions of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: what to buy
Vulpix or Growlithe? Zangoose or Seviper? Ever since Arceus created the world in his own image, Pokemon Fans had to contend with a huge choice: which version to get. This dilemma will remain for the latest games, Pokemon scarlet and violet.
Each generation of Nintendo’s contemporary monster-hunting RPGs splits its Pokémon roster, with a handful appearing in one game while remaining absent from its counterpart (and vice versa). This strategy makes some sense, albeit cynically. Pokemon Games were always started as a pair. Making some Pokémon available in one version but not the other may incentivize additional sales. (Nintendo reports sales figures for Pokemon games lumped together.) Or, less cynically, it forces players to actually engage and trade with each other.
Pokemon scarlet and violet are no different. We already knew the legendary Pokemon, two motorcycle-inspired dragons called Koraidon and Miraidonwere exclusive to scarlet and violet respectively. But after a massive news dump this week, the list is starting to become clearer. Here are the version-exclusive Pokemon previously knowna list we’ll keep updating as more information becomes available ahead of the game’s November 18 release on Switch.
Pokemon scarlet exclusive
- larvitara rocky ground-type lizard creature first introduced in Pokemon Gold and Silver.
- pupils, the second stage evolution of Larvitar. It floats for some reason. Although Pupitar hasn’t been officially confirmed, we’re including it since it evolves from a confirmed Pokemon. (One restriction, however: In Pokémon sword and SignSlowpoke, who has been part of the series since the days of Red and Bluecould not develop Unless you bought the extensions.)
- tyrant, the final stage of Larvitar’s evolutionary chain. Unlike the previous two evolutions, Tyrannitar drops Ground-type affiliation and is Rock-Dark type.
- Stone Journera rock guy out Pokémon sword and Sign which I guess is a reference to the famous Stonehenge monument in England.
- Koraidon, scarlet‘s legendary Pokémon and cover model.
Pokemon Violet exclusive
- Bagona Dragon-type Pokémon that made its debut in Pokemon
- Shelgon, the second stage evolution of Bagon. The same logic that applies to Larvitar’s evolution chain also applies to Bagons.
- salamander, a dragon-flying Pokémon and the final stage of Bagon’s evolutionary chain. Some people (guilty as charged) are convinced that Salamence is the coolest Pokemon ever.
- ice cubean Ice Penguin Pokémon with a giant ice cube for a face.
- Miraidon, violet‘s legendary Pokémon and cover model.
Pokemon scarlet and violet are poised to reinterpret other long-running aspects of the series. In a region called Paldea, inspired by the IRL Iberian Peninsula, these games are fully open-ended for the first time in the history of the series. There is four player co-op. Gyms are backespecially with a leader Many fans are sexually confused. And instead of controversially silly features like “Mega Evolution,” some Pokémon are capable of something called — that’s a very real word, by the way — called “terastallizing,” meaning they covered with crystals and can change their type on the fly.
G/O Media may receive a commission
Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Uses exclusive ultra-fast wireless technology to ensure your mouse is faster than you, can be sued for highly customizable performance along with dedicated software, and features 11 buttons to play around with, a hyper-fast scroll wheel and also RGB lighting.
https://kotaku.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-version-exclusives-which-to-buy-1849373320 Exclusive versions of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: what to buy