The January transfer window is upon us and of course, all the rumors about who will move where are heating up. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news as we count down to the winter window of 2022.
TOP STORY: Haaland would rather move to Spain than England
The Norway international has been closely linked with moving away from Borussia Dortmund, with several English clubs – including Manchester United, City of Manchester, Chelsea and Newcastle United Football Club – all supposed to be amusing. However, that may now be unlikely, as the journalist insists it’s not “exactly his dream right now.”
The 21-year-old is said to have a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Dortmund for 75 million euros next summer.
However, Di Marzio notes that Haaland may not necessarily leave Dortmund in the summer, with the club making a new contract offer as they believe another year could be the key to progress. his set.
Haaland has scored 13 goals and assisted five times in 11 Bundesliga appearances this season, scoring four more in the Champions League and DFB Pokal.
– Preview transfer window: Mbappe, Haaland will move in next month?
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are number 1; Premier League dominates
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, FA Cup (USA) | FC Daily
12:25 GMT: Manchester United have turned down a loan offer from Sevilla for a forward Anthony Martial, sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
Martial has told manager Ralf Rangnick he wants to leave in January but United have rejected an approach from the Spanish side as they offer only half of the Frenchman’s wages.
Sources told ESPN the club will only consider offers that include Martial’s all wages and loan fees, while United are willing to keep the 26-year-old if those conditions are not met. be met.
Martial has returned to full training but was left out of the squad for the 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Monday night and hasn’t featured since the 2-0 win over Villarreal on November 23. The France international is still fit. copper at Old Trafford. until 2024, with the option of another year, after signing an extension in 2019.
12:11 am GMT: Barcelona want to sign Chelsea duo Cesar Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen when their contract expires next summer, according to the Catalan press.
ESPN reported in November that new coach Xavi Hernandez is very interested in Azpilicueta. The Spaniard can play in a back four or part of a full-back 3.
Meanwhile, Danish centre-back Christensen is seen as the man who can improve Barca’s backline, a team currently being carried by aging Gerard Pique and young players Ronald Araujo and Eric Garcia.
Mundo Deportivo added that Lazio’s Luiz Felipe, who is also out of contract in six months, is also being monitored.
If possible, Barca want to strengthen the defense with players whose contracts are about to expire so they can save money to sign the striker next summer.
11.29 GMT: Newcastle United are said to have two French internationals in their sights as they look for defenders to sign in the January transfer window.
Newcastle conceded 80th goal in 2021 in the Premier League in Monday’s 1-1 draw with Manchester United, more than any other party in the region in a calendar year for more than 30 years.
Everton’s left-back Lucas Digne, who has been frozen at Goodison Park since parting ways with coach Rafa Benitez, is one of the possibilities to come next month. Sun It is reported that Everton will demand a transfer fee of £ 25 million for the 28-year-old.
Meanwhile, Samuel Umtiti is another player being targeted by Magpies manager Eddie Howe, as Barcelona are keen to cut the centre-back’s €260,000-a-week salary off their books to help them sign Ferran Torres from Manchester. City. Based on Sun, the 28-year-old will be available for a fee of £17 million.
10.33 GMT: Albirex Niigata has issued a statement of intent in a bid to win back the Singapore Premier League in 2022 with the arrest of the former Southampton and Japan striker. Tadanari Lee.
Albirex, who won four SPL titles in five years from 2016 to 2020, relinquished the crown last season after falling two points behind the Lion City champion Sailors.
Lee, 37, played for Southampton from 2011 to 2013 but is perhaps best known for scoring the winning goal in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup final, coming off the bench to give the team the win. Japan in extra time 1-0 against Australia.
09.56 GMT: Lille will not consider a transfer for defender Sven Botman , a target for AC Milan, for a fee of less than 30 million euros, Tuttomercatoweb report.
Milan are so keen to sign the 21-year-old that they want to bring him on during the January transfer window on loan with the aim of signing him permanently in the summer.
However, Lille will not lose Botman mid-season, after he helped them win the Ligue 1 title last season largely thanks to their best defensive record in the league.
09:00 GMT: Manchester City forward Ferran Torres was in Barcelona for a medical on Monday, although there could be a delay in announcing his impending transfer.
Sources have told ESPN that Barca and Man City officials have agreed an initial €55 million deal with an additional €10 million for potential add-ons.
However, Barca, who are struggling financially, still have a lot of work to do to recover the transfer. Hampered by LaLiga’s financial constraints and a debt of 1.4 billion euros, the club had to move players away before they could sign new contracts.
Their spending limit for the season has been set by the Spanish league at €97m, which is considerably less than their salary bill but they are allowed to spend 25% of any savings they earn yes, it’s salary or transfer fee.
Soccer Espana reports that Barca may have to wait for the player registration window to open in Spain on 3 January before they can officially confirm they have signed Torres.
Shaka Hislop says Spurs are looking like a team that can challenge the top four again.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)
– Tottenham are leading the race to sign AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie on a pre-contract agreement in January, reported Journal. The agreement of the 24-year-old boy with Rossoneri expires at the end of the season, with several clubs already linked with a potential free transfer. However, the report claims that Spurs boss Antonio Conte is keen on him and is currently leading the way in doing so.
– Internazionale may be willing to listen to offers for defenders Stefan de Vrij If they can’t secure him to a new contract, report Calciomercato. The Netherlands There is an international agreement that runs until 2023, however negotiations are pending for an extension. The club have no intention of speeding up the process, but should an offer of 20 million euros come to him, they are said to be open to negotiating a transfer.
– Leeds United Noticing a move Atletico Mineiro left back Guilherme Arana, the journalist said Ekrem Konur. Arana, 24, joined the Brazilian club in the summer from Seville and have played most of the games since then, going on to earn international debuts with Brazil back in October. However, Marcelo Bielsa’s side are now weighing a potential move in an attempt to steer them out of relegation in the Premier League.
– Leicester City and Newcastle United asked about the Internazionale . midfielder Matias Vecino, according to the journalist Nicolo Schira. The Uruguay The international is out of contract at the San Siro next summer and has only played from the bench so far this season.
– Real Madrid can recall the young player Reinier from his loan at Borussia Dortmund in a game short of time. Mundo Deportivo say both Los Blancos and the 19-year-old wants to cut his loan short, with him making just 11 appearances in his second stint with the Bundesliga club.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4557148/live-transfer-talk-erling-haaland-set-to-snub-premier-league-for-laliga Erling Haaland set to beat LaLiga in the Premier League?