Dungeons and Dragons Online discusses new raids, character model updates, and lag fixes in the live stream
player from Dungeons and Dragons Online were full of questions about the MMORPG’s new roadmap, so of course the developers were full of some answers offered in the game’s latest Q&A livestream. Here are some of the more important clues:
- UI scaling is a work in progress but will likely not be released this year as the developers are unsure of how big the task will be.
- There will be no new races this year either. However, there will be updates to existing character models that could appear as early as Q4 or as late as 2024.
- There will also be a new raid this year – the second coming in 2023 – which will be part of the game’s next mini-expansion.
- Two-factor authentication is a work in progress, but some steps need to be taken beforehand to make everything work together; Specifically, the store needs to be updated, then the launcher, and then 2FA can be built.
- Internal testing has shown some promising results for fixing one of the main causes of lag. A major patch with this fix and others is expected later this year.
- A “Reaper Mode” is being considered, which would remove Reaper trees entirely and give them their own progression path instead. The developers are also trying to find a way to share Reaper Points among party members.
For fans of DDO Looking for more from the developers, one of the MMORPG’s system designers will be joining livestreamer Arcanaverse tonight, January 28th at 7:00pm EST to discuss the Dark Secrets puzzle and possibly answer player questions .
https://massivelyop.com/2023/01/28/dungeons-and-dragons-online-discusses-new-raid-character-model-updates-and-lag-fixes-in-livestream/ Dungeons and Dragons Online discusses new raids, character model updates, and lag fixes in the live stream