Dad takes action after seeing what nurse did to his newborn baby girl

A newborn Houston girl suffered second-degree burns after a nurse put a wet, hot diaper on her foot.

The incident happened at St. Joseph Medical Center, KPRC reported. The baby’s parents said their child should get a PKU test, which is a routine blood draw for newborns.

But what happened next shocked her.

“My baby has second degree burns on his foot and ankle and now we’re just trying to get him treated,” Spencer Lewandowski, the baby’s father, told KPRC. “They got a diaper and filled it with water and put it in the microwave and then put it on my baby’s ankle and foot which resulted in second degree burns – severe second degree burns.”

The nurse taking care of the baby allegedly slapped the wet, hot diaper on the baby’s heel before sticking a needle and drawing blood.

Lewandowski decided to take legal action against the hospital and hired attorney Tim Culberson to represent him.

“The nurse took a diaper and wet it and put it in a microwave and then put it on the baby’s heel and bruised the heel,” Culberson said. “I’ve represented injured children for 16 years and I’ve never heard of it.”

The hospital has since issued a statement to the news channel.

“At St. Joseph Medical Center, the safety and care of our patients is our greatest concern,” it said. “We are aware of the complaint and are conducting a thorough investigation, which is ongoing. The hospital is committed to providing quality healthcare services to the communities we serve.”

Several social media users were outraged by the nurse’s actions.

“The nurse is obviously incompetent. She should be reported to the State Board of Nursing where she will most likely lose her nursing license,” one Facebook user wrote. “Parents should sue because no competent nurse would ever do this and should sue the hospital too. This poor kid. Prayers for a full recovery.”

“The nurse who did this should have her license for life,” wrote another. “I need warm compresses so they can draw blood and no one has ever microwaved the towel.”

“She should be fired and her license taken away. I hope they get the treatment they need free of course and some money for what the hospital did to the baby,” commented another user. “Too bad they couldn’t be right without the lawyers involved.”

https://news.atlantanewsmedia.com/father-takes-action-after-seeing-what-nurse-did-to-his-newborn-baby-girl/ Dad takes action after seeing what nurse did to his newborn baby girl

James Brien

24ssports is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@24ssports.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button