The summer transfer window is unlike any other; see all the great deals and Check out how we scored largest contract. And just because the window is closed until January, that doesn’t mean the rumors won’t keep popping up. Here are the latest rumors and speculations.
TOP STORY: Barca, Liverpool for Pulisic
Liverpool and Barcelona can fight it for ‘s signature Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic, report El Nacional. Both sides are interested USA internationally, with the Blues saying they would rather have him move to Spain than a Premier League rival.
However, the LaLiga club currently does not have enough financial resources to make an offer. New coach Xavi Hernandez could make an offer in 2023, with a swap deal also likely, but Barca are only looking at loans and free transfers.
Chelsea are said to have demanded more than 50 million euros if they negotiate to take Pulisic away from Stamford Bridge.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp knows the 23-year-old from his time in charge at Borussia Dortmund and reports claimed that he was interested in the winger in 2019 but fell short against Chelsea.
Pulisic has struggled with injury so far this season, missing most of the start of the season. He injured his ankle in September and with him currently unable to hold a place in the first team, the Blues are said to be open to moving him if the clubs match their valuation.
09.17 GMT: The club’s director of football Mateu Alemany said Barcelona are focused on rehabilitating their injured players, not potential reinforcements in the winter.
Barca’s team has suffered many injuries this season. Speaking after Tuesday’s 0-0 draw against Benfica in the Champions League, Alemany said: “We need to be optimistic and hope that all of our injured players return as soon as possible. That’s welcome as we’re trying to weigh up the number of injured strikers that we can’t see. we have [Sergio] Aguero, Ansu [Fati], [Ousmane] Dembele and [Martin] Braithwaite. We have Dembele rehabilitated and we hope to have Ansu back soon. A boost in January? Our thoughts at the moment are to recover our players. “
08.53 GMT: Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe wants to pick Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier one of his first signings for the club during the January transfer window, Daily Mirror report.
Trippier, 31, was once a target for Manchester United in the summer, but now Newcastle could be the England international’s next destination if Newcastle are willing to pay the £30m transfer fee Atletico are looking for.
Since leaving Tottenahm Hotspur in 2019, Trippier has settled very well in Madrid and helped them become La Liga champions last season.
08:00 GMT: Manchester United held discussions with former Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde about the possibility of becoming an interim manager, sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
United began looking for a short-term appointment to take the team to the end of the season on Sunday following the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Valverde, who led Barca to 2018 and 2019 La Liga titles before leaving in January 2020, is one of the names in the bracket along with former Borussia Dortmund manager Lucien Favre and the former coach. RB Leipzig Ralf Rangnick.
Rangnick, who now works at Lokomotiv Moscow, has privately distanced himself from the job, but initial talks have been held with Valverde.
Following Solskjaer’s departure, Michael Carrick was provisional, and although he won his first game 2-0 against Villarreal on Tuesday, sources have told ESPN the sentence The club remains committed to bringing in another person between now and the summer.
Sources have revealed to ESPN that Mauricio Pochettino is United’s top target when it comes to the club’s next permanent appointment, but the former Tottenham Hotspur boss still has a contract with Paris Saint-Germain until five years. 2023 after signing an extension in the summer.
– Ogden: Man United options for next manager
Thiago Alcantara insists he is not interested in rumors linking the midfielder with a return to Barcelona.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)
– Real Madrid interested City of Manchester loanee Pedro Porro, report Mundo Deportivo. The 22-year-old is on a two-season loan deal with the Portuguese team Sports CP and he reported that he was impressed with Blancos Hierarchy. However, Sporting is said to have an option in their deal to make the loan worth perpetuity.
– Atlético Madrid is one of the parties considering moving Benfica striker Darwin Nunez. Based on Calciomercato, NS Uruguay international will become a key player in the next summer transfer window, with LaLiga club Atletico paying particular attention to the 22-year-old.
– Chelsea have valued at £ 14 million to buy midfielder Ross Barkley in January, the journalist said Ekrem Konur. The 27-year-old is said to be free to leave the club in the coming months, with Newcastle, Leeds and Burnley all are said to be interested in the transfer to the player.
– Manchester United eyeing a free transfer in the form of a Barcelona player Ousmane Dembele, based on El Nacional. The winger is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to negotiate contracts with clubs abroad in January.
– Liverpool, Leicester and Newcastle are watching Olympiakos great kid Aguibou Camara, report Sun. The 20-year-old has impressed for the Greek side since he moved from Lille, with the versatile midfielder providing a useful option in a variety of positions.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4529144/live-transfer-talk-christian-pulisic-garnering-interest-from-liverpoolbarcelona Christian Pulisic attracts interest from Liverpool, Barcelona