(WSVN) – Nothing starts the day as well as a hearty breakfast. That’s what’s cooking as we grab a bite with Belky’s.
3 TBSP. unsalted butter, divided
1 TBSP. Extra virgin olive oil
1 16 oz. frozen bag of shredded potato hash browns
2 large eggs (or more if you prefer)
grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan. Add 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. Oil. Toss the butter and oil around in the pan, covering the entire surface.
- Add grated potatoes and spread to form an even layer. Make 2 (or more) pockets in the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. point 1 1/2 tbsp. Butter the surface and return the pan to the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and brush each pocket with the remaining butter. Crack an egg into each pocket and top the potatoes with grated cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven for about 15 more minutes or until the egg is set and the potatoes are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, transcribed or redistributed.
https://wsvn.com/entertainment/bite-with-belkys/cheesy-breakfast-skillet-belkys/ Cheese Breakfast Pan / Belkys – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports