The UEFA Champions League group stage is nearing its final day of competition and we’ll keep you up to date with every match being broadcast on Paramount + and “The Golazo Show” on CBS Sports Network. Overall, 12 of the 16 places in the knockout round have already been booked, the remaining 4 spots and the number of teams are still in dispute.
Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Inter Milan are among the notable teams that will play on matchday Thursday. Erling Haaland’s Borussia Dortmund were relegated in the Europa League knockout stages with 3rd place overall. Meanwhile, Manchester United – – take the top spot.
There’s a lot of bets on the final day of the game, so let’s see who’s in, who’s out, and what the scenarios and permutations are. And when the action is over, don’t forget you can also check the draw results to determine the tournament’s tie-ins in the knockout stages on Monday, December 13, on Supreme +.
Craving more from the Champions League? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Football Podcast where we take you off the field and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
- City of Manchester We passed as the winner of the group.
- Paris Saint-Germain is the runner-up of the group.
- Liverpool is the winner of the group.
- Atlético Madrid is the runner-up of the group.
- Ajax is the winner of the group.
- Sports CP is the runner-up of the group.
- Real Madrid until the last 16.
- Inter Milan until the last 16.
- Bayern Munich We passed as the winner of the group.
- Manchester United is the winner of the group.
- No team won tickets to the round of 16
- Chelsea until the last 16.
- Juventus until the last 16.
What is at stake?
- Barcelona (7 points, -4 GD) do not exceed the limit of tiebreaker Benfica (5 points, -4 GD) should be two levels of completion on the point. Benfica’s 3-0 loss to the Catalans on September 29 will help if they can beat Dynamo Kiev at home on the final day of the group stage. Barca need an away win against a team that is said to be weaker than Bayern Munich playing for pride after having taken the lead.
- Atalanta (6 points, 0 GD) will hold Villarreal (7 points, +2 GD) is basically the last available spot in the knockout round. A draw was enough for Villarreal to pass.
- Lille (8 points, +1 GD), Red Bull Salzburg (7 points, +1 GD), Seville (6 points, +1 GD) and Wolfsburg (5 points, -3 GD) all still alive in what is said to be the wildest of the bunch. For Lille, a draw against Wolfsburg was enough to get them through. Salzburg will host Sevilla and a win from any of the two will secure their place in the next stage. If you’re a fan of chaos, you might want to root for a draw for Salzburg and a win for Wolfsburg, which would leave us with three teams tied with eight points.
- Chelsea (12 points, +9 GD) hold the tiebreak tighter Juventus (12 points, +3 GD) is based on head-to-head goal difference, so both finished on equal points. There are only two scenarios that would take Juventus to the top of the table: A win against Malmo and a Chelsea loss/draw against Zenit or a Juve draw against Malmo plus a loss to Chelsea.
Champions League fixtures
All Eastern Ages
Watch Europa League
The third-placed teams in each group will be relegated to the Europa League and enter the knockout round draw. The following teams have been placed in the Europa League spots: RB Leipzig (Group A), Porto (Group B), Borussia Dortmund (Group C), Police Chief Tiraspol (Group D) and Zenit Saint Petersburg (Group H).
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/champions-league-schedule-scenarios-tiebreakers-permutations-barcelona-must-finish-above-benfica-to-get-in/ Champions League fixtures, scenarios, draws, permutations: Barcelona must rank above Benfica to win the right to enter