Once the MLB lockdown is over, these freelancers will need to find teams.
The MLB Lockout is an inescapable disaster of epic proportions, one where everyone loses.
Baseball has long been a money-making bull, but the owners were too greedy to make an offer that players wanted to sign. The players were locked out since December, and three months later the regular games of the season were cancelled. There won’t be a full 162 this year. Although neither side is stupid enough to miss an entire season, some team players still need teams.
Here are some The best free agent still on the market.
MLB Keys: The Best Free Agents Still Available
- Kris Bryant (The San Francisco OF Giants)
- Nick Castellanos (Cincinnati Reds OF)
- Carlos Correa (Houston Astros SS)
- Nelson Cruz (Tampa Bay Rays DH)
- Freddie Freeman (Atlanta Braves 1B)
- Zack Greinke (Houston Astros SP)
- Kenley Jansen (Los Angeles Dodgers RP)
- Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles Dodgers SP)
- Anthony Rizzo (New York Yankees 1B)
- Carlos Rodon (Chicago White Sox SP)
- Kyle Schwarber (Boston Red Sox OF)
- Trevor’s Story (Colorado Rockies SS)
While some notable freelancers were able to agree to new deals before the old CBA expired, this is one of the best deals still on the market. The two biggest names are Carlos Correa (Houston Astros) and Freddie Freeman (Atlanta Braves). They went head-to-head in the 2021 World Series, which saw Braves win their first tournament title in 26 seasons.
Other big names on the open market include Kris Bryant (San Francisco Giants), Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles Dodgers), Anthony Rizzo (New York Yankees) and Trevor Story (Colorado Rockies). There are so many All-Star caliber players that there isn’t a team this late. Once baseball decides to stop mocking and regain some of its market share, they’ll sign contracts.
Let’s hope the baseball fans out there get close to 162 games this year in terms of people.
https://fansided.com/2022/03/01/best-free-agents-available-mlb-lockout-ends/ Best free agents still available after MLB lock ends