Two weeks before Ubisoft’s big “Forward” showcase in September, new details on the alleged Assassin’s Creed Spin-off starring Valhalla‘s Basim have apparently been leaked. While these rumors have yet to be confirmed, they have been partially verified by Bloomberg‘s Jason Schreier, who has been covering the game for several months.
According to YouTube content creator j0nathon, who claims to have access to inside information from Ubisoft, is next Assassin’s Creed game will be subtitled ‘Mirage‘ and will, as previously reported, star Basim.
Mirage will reportedly be set in the late 800s and take place in Baghdad. Described as a “return to basics,” the game will reportedly feature no leveling or dialogue options, though claims there will be multiple cities to explore and Eagle Vision will return.
Read: A new Assassin’s Creed spinoff game is in the works
Based on a French translation Rebs Gamingj0nathon revealed the following features in his latest video:
- Mirage will be set in Baghdad between 860 and 860, during the Anarchy of Samarra, a historical event that threw the Abbasid Caliphate into chaos
- The game follows Basim in his youth as he grows from a young thief to the hidden ones
- There will be multiple cities to explore, separated by deserts and rivers just like in the original Assassin’s Creed. This game will also serve as the main inspiration for the new adventure.
- There will be no more dialogue options, gender options or leveling systems. Gameplay is reportedly slightly different from Valhalla. Eagle Vision is back, as is the “Drone Bird”.
- Basim’s main weapon is a string dagger.
- The mythological version of Loki will play a role in the story, with a chapter titled “Visions of Loki” exploring how the trickster was able to manifest in Basim’s body.
Additionally, j0nathon has also claimed that Ubisoft was working on a full remake of the original Assassin’s Creed Game said to be based on the engine and assets of Mirage. It is claimed that this remake will be part of the Mirage Season Pass, which will also reportedly include a Constantinople DLC adventure starring Basim and Sigurd.
This content will reportedly release in Spring 2023 (Northern Hemisphere).
While these rumors have yet to be officially confirmed, Bloomberg‘s Jason Schreier has responded to the claims with a few of his own.
“A trusted person tells me parts of this new thing Assassin’s Creed leak are true (like the name and the other stuff Bloomberg has already reported: Spring 23, Baghdad, back to AC basics) and other parts are not (“multiple cities to explore”),’ said Schreier.
It is currently unknown if the rest of the rumor is based on reality or vague rumours. Ubisoft Forward is set for this September 10, 2022it’s unlikely we’ll have to wait long to hear more about this supposed adventure.
https://www.gameshub.com/news/news/assassins-creed-mirage-release-date-2023-28108/ Assassin’s Creed: Mirage could be released in early 2023