Happy Wednesday morning, friends. We have an informative newsletter for you.
Please check the opt-in box to confirm that you want to sign up.
Thank you for registering!
Monitor your inbox.
An error occurred while processing your registration.
Get your hands on it right away.
Good morning to everyone but especially…
NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
There aren’t many bright spots for Giants fans in the 2021 season (just look at the photo above). If early returns are any indication, 2022 will be better. The Giants fired head coach Joe Judge on Tuesday after two disastrous seasons there New York went 10-23 and scored the least points in NFL.
I don’t celebrate anyone losing their job. It is important to be able to distinguish human Joe Judge from Joe Judge, the trainer, as well as Joe Judge who is from the Giants.
Having said that, This is a step in the right direction for the franchise.
As damage increases, Judge becomes increasingly strange and defensive in his press conferences. Last week, he shot at Washington football team and said that his group is not “some clown show” (It’s probably never a great sign if you have to declare that your team Not a clown show, by the way).
The Giants then lost to Washington and did a ridiculous midfield sneak attack in season three and season 9.
It’s time for a change. Unfortunately for Giants fans, that sentence has become all too familiar. This will be the fifth other full-time head coach in the past eight seasons.
- 2015: Tom Coughlinof last season
- 2016-17: Ben McAdoo (13-15, second season not finished yet)
- 2018-19: Pat Shurmur (9-23)
- 2020-21: Joe Judge (10-23)
Shooting Judge is NFL’s first professional Cody Benjamin’s Five Steps to Fixing Giants, and now they can focus on finding a successor to Judge. In response to the team’s offensive efforts, Benjamin suggested that the Giants should focus on that side of the ball in list of potential candidates. One such option could be in upstate New York:
- Benjamin: “Brian Daboll – The Bill Offensive coordinator is already a hot name, with Bear and Dolphin was reported to be interviewing him. For his work with Josh Allen alone, he deserves to be seen. Daboll is smart enough that he can design an offense better suited to Daniel Jones in 2022, but he will also be a top candidate to rebuild the attack platform, complete with the new QB franchise. “
And not a good morning for…
SOUTH SOUTH SOUTH BABY GROUPS TO PARTICIPATE FINAL NIGHT NOT ASSESSED
The best part about college basketball is the madness. And I don’t say March Madness, must. I’m talking about the madness that happened on a random Tuesday night in January. No team undefeated in college men’s basketball after both USC No. 5 and Baylor No. 1 are down.
Let’s start with Bear, who 21 wins is the longest in the country. No. 19 Texas Tech go to Waco and gather from 15 down to pull out a 65-62 win. I left this game and am very impressed with the color Red Raiders. Five players score in double numbers and the team’s outstanding defensive versatility was evident throughout the night. Victory also came just days after they defeated No. 6 Kansas.
- Cobb: “After edging Kansas 15-5 on second-chance points on Saturday, they edged Baylor 12-6 on second-chance points for the game and 10-2 in the second. … 36th advantage. -22 in paint score also shows TTU’s physical advantage.”
One more thing about Texas Tech: This team will get better as the list continues to gel. Three of last night’s double-digit scorers were transfers in their first season with the show and the win came without a top scorer. Terrence Shannon Jr. After Chris Beard leaving for Texas, one can expect this to be a year of rebuilding in Lubbock, but last week proved the Red Raiders are not going to back down. Mark Adams.
Earlier in the evening, USC also suffered its first defeat of the season, dropped a 75-69 decision at Stanford not ranked. Freshman Harrison Ingram posted 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Cardinal, who beat a team in the top five for the first time since 2007.
I loved basketball in college.
Not too honorable mention:
- Alabama’s Jameson Williams tore his ACL in the national championship game. He’s 18th in Ryan Wilson Latest mock draft. This is an all-around idiot.
Ranking NFL Head Coach Opens
I certainly wouldn’t argue with Dajani’s top pick, The raiders. They were the only one in the knockout round, Derek Carr has established himself as a very solid starting midfielder and has plenty to like elsewhere on the list.
But Dajani also brings up another really good point, one that I hadn’t thought of before:
- Dajani: “This next head coach has chance to be the face of the NFL in Vegas. The Raiders just wrapped up their first full season with fans in their shiny new stadium, and this franchise is looking for something positive to earn its living in one of the cities. The funnest city in America. You can be that coach, you can be that leader. It was fascinating. “
At the other end of the spectrum is Jaguar, and that’s no surprise. In 2017, Jacksonville won the AFC championship and it was almost annoying Patriots go Super Bowl. But here’s where the team ranks for the four seasons since:
- In the end of the wins
- The last point
- Final profit margin in revenue
So the product on the field sucks, the last full-time coach (Urban Meyer, remember him?) was a disaster and fans appeared in clown costumes during Week 18 to express their disappointment. Other than that, it’s a great job!
Who Topped the Top 25 College Football Too Early? 🥇
We’re now two days out of the national championship, and sorry to the Georgia fans, but it’s time to focus on next season.
Just kidding, loyal Bulldogs, keep celebrating. But we have a job to do, so our college football reporter Dennis Dodd released too early Top 25 for the 2022 season.
Here are his top 5:
- 1. Alabama
- 2. Ohio State
- 3. Georgia
- 4. Oklahoma
- 5. Texas A&USA
The Crimson Tide never goes far from the top, and there are two main reasons why this case repeats:
- Dodd: “Crimson Tide will be reloaded in 2022. First, winning midfielder Heisman Trophy Bryce Young and Nagurski Award-winning supporter Will Anderson Jr. come back. That is arguably the best offensive and defensive players in the country.“
One of the biggest storylines of the season will be Lincoln Riley‘s first campaign USC. Dodd has Trojan in 14th place – but with some key questions to answer:
- Dodd: “Lincoln Riley needs a midfielder. That problem can be solved as soon as Caleb Williams my decision. If not, Jason Dart could potentially lead the offense if he is dragged out of the transfer portal. Before anything happens, Trojan must become more difficult ahead. Watch Alex Grinch take it one step further as a defensive coordinator. “
NBA players are flying in sight
I really like the work of NBA reporter Colin Ward-Henninger on Five unlucky players have a great season, complete with lots of stats and videos to back it up.
Here is the list:
- Pat Connaughton
- Cameron Johnson
- Kevin love
- Seth curry
- Josh Hart
Must read if you are an NBA fan.
What we’re watching on Wednesday
🏀 Villanova number 14 at number 17 Xavier, 6:30pm on FS1
🏀 8th Duke of Wake Forest, 7 p.m. on the ACC . Network
🏀 Mavericks at the Knicks, 7:30 p.m. on ESPN
🏀 Nets at Bulls, 10 p.m. on ESPN
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/are-the-new-york-giants-finally-on-the-way-back-up-from-rock-bottom/ Are the New York giants on their way back from the bottom?