ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) – The Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disability on Tuesday announced a new subsidy program for family caregivers that will allow them to enroll loved ones in day center programs for families. for adults.
“These grants will give residents who serve as caregivers an opportunity,” said County Administrator Steuart Pittman. “An opportunity to provide much-needed support and socialization to their loved ones, and an opportunity to regain some of the personal time they need to recharge.”
READ MORE: Maryland native who revolutionized women’s fashion honored in new exhibition
Carers will be able to sign up for their loved ones to visit 12 times at the Woods Adult Day Care Center or Annapolis Activity Day, where they will have the opportunity to socialize while in care. by a team of healthcare professionals.
- Those eligible for federally funded carer assistance programs under the Administration for Community Life are eligible for grants:
- Adult family members or other informal/unpaid carers 18 years of age or older providing care to individuals 60 years of age or older;
- Adult family members or other informal/unpaid caregivers 18 years of age or older providing care to individuals of all ages with a diagnosis of dementia;
- Elderly relatives, including parents, age 55 and older caring for adults aged 18-59 with a disability.
- The person receiving care must be a resident of Anne Arundel County.
READ MORE: Baltimore police looking for missing 14-year-old boy
To learn more about this funding opportunity and how to apply, call (410) 222-4339 or (410) 222-4375. TTY users can call through Maryland Relay 7-1-1.
MORE NEWS: Baltimore County Police warn of potential scammers posing as repair or cable workers
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/03/22/adult-day-center-grants-announced-for-anne-arundel-county-caregivers/ Adult Day Center Grants Announced for Anne Arundel County Caregivers – CBS Baltimore