A glimpse of the Remington Springboard 2021 Miles
While the Road to the Kentucky Derby series features some of the nation’s most famous races at popular racetracks, there are several stops along the way that are tailored just for the little ones.
One of them is the Springboard Mile at Remington Park provide 10-4-2-1 qualifying points for 2022 Kentucky Derby presented by Woodford Reserve into the top four finishers. That alone won’t guarantee anyone a spot in the race for commissions, but a win on Friday can certainly inspire confidence to try one of the prep races. for the bigger Derby next year when this season turns 3 years old.
1. Concepts (5-1): He’s the bet winner on this main track in lightning-fast time, but that’s six stretch. He was then fourth at nine lengths with seven feathers. The mile distance doesn’t seem to work for him, but he should have a save on the ground and he is coached by Steve Asmussen, who is dominating the track and has won the money in two in the past three years.
JOCKEY: Carlos Montalvo; TRAINER: Steve Asmussen
2. Make it big (7-2): This Florida cross is a perfect 2 for 2 after a winning pair at Gulfstream Park. He took a good step in that second start and can handle the gap. Getting jockey Jose Ortiz to fly over and ride him is a big plus.
JOCKEY: Jose Ortiz; TRAINER: Saffie Joseph Jr.
3. Goodbye Bobby (4-1): He used a powerful late kick to get his first win, rallying from sixth, eight ways behind, to win by 1/2 length. That bodes well for his chances at a further distance here as well as doing some quick workouts for the race and greetings from a crafty and successful barn.
JOCKEY: Roimes Chirinos; TRAINER: Todd Fincher
4. Shamayim (20-1): He had two one-mile trips on the track, winning the first race and losing the eighth in an allowance race. He seems to get faster with each start and, if his morning odds prove to be correct, he is worth considering.
JOCKEY: Eduardo Perez; TRAINER: Rosa Ramirez
5. Classic moment (4-1): The second of Asmussen’s starters and the better of the two. He made two good attempts in Kentucky, especially the last one when he broke his first in quick time after pressing early on and taking the lead in the inning. If he can repeat that effort, he will be a major threat.
JOCKEY: Stewart Elliott; TRAINER: Steve Asmussen
6. Rowdy Rascal (12-1): He will be tested after winning three consecutive Oklahoma Juniors races at Remington. His times have gotten better and he won at a mile last time. He’s another ranged shooter that just seems insurmountable.
JOCKEY: Freddy Jose Manrique; TRAINER: Boyd Caster
7. Rich Strike (8-1): He won 17¼ in an early race in September at Churchill Downs, but that was in a teenage girl. Despite the arbitrage profits, the last time was meager and the others seemed much more appealing.
JOCKEY: Sonny Leon; TRAINER: Eric Reed
8. Revenir (12-1): He was second in the seven-child wits, which is a positive. His era is in full swing and he’s passed his maiden one mile on this main track. In a highly competitive and niche field, he is another contender worthy of consideration with attractive odds.
JOCKEY: Danny Sorenson; TRAINER: Danny Pish
9. Osbourne (6-1): Win a stunning split at his second game at Churchill Downs after a promising second at home to the Kentucky Derby. Both times were excellent and harbingers of his opportunity. Posts and the possibility of losing ground can work against him.
JOCKEY: Julien Leparoux; TRAINER: Ron Moquett
CLICK: Make it big
DIRECT LONGSHOT: Rowdy Rascal
https://www.americasbestracing.net/the-sport/2021-2021-remington-springboard-mile-glance A glimpse of the Remington Springboard 2021 Miles