The Ford Transit range has received an updated infotainment system with a larger touchscreen.
All models get a new 12-inch screen running the latest Sync 4 infotainment system with an embedded modem, satellite navigation with improved voice control and double the processing power of the old Sync 3 system, according to Ford.
The larger screen replaces the old 8.0-inch device.
For more driving news and videos, visit Driving >>
Orders for 2023 Transit models are now open.
In addition, all models will receive a leatherette-covered Sensico steering wheel, while a new exterior paint finish – Magnetic – complements the color palette.
These changes include what Ford is calling the 22.5MY update, while 23MY models will also get a passenger seat belt reminder.
Ford has increased prices by between $1000 and $1400 compared to 22MY models in the Van, Bus and Cab chassis segments.
The Transit range will be expanded to include electric e-Transit in January, but prices have yet to be announced.
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB Manual: $53,590 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB Front-Wheel Drive: $56,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350L LWB Auto: $56,590 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350E Jumbo Van Manual: $57,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E Jumbo Van Manual: $60,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 350E Jumbo Van Auto: $60,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 430E Jumbo Van Auto: $63,090 (+$1000)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E Manual: $54,990 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 430E Auto: $57,990 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 470E Manual Crew Cab: $58,490 (+$1400)
- 2023 Ford Transit 410L Auto: $65,690 (+$1000)
All prices are exclusive of road costs.
The Ford Transit 2023 is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel four-cylinder engine with an output of 125 kW and 390 Nm of torque.
All Transit models come with either a six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission, apart from the 350-litre front-wheel drive LWB van, which uses a six-speed automatic. All but this variant are rear-wheel drive.
Ford does not release fuel economy figures for the Transit range. A 95 liter fuel tank is standard.
The 2023 Ford Transit measures 5981 mm as a 350 liter van, 6704 mm as a jumbo van, 6579 mm as a chassis single cab and 6404 mm as a chassis double cab.
The height also varies depending on the model. 350 liter vans are 2541-2543 mm high with normal roof and 2780-2782 mm with high roof, 2790 mm high as jumbo van and 2205-2214 mm as chassis cab.
All Transit vans are 2112mm wide and all cab chassis models are 2111mm wide.
Braked towing capacity ranges from 2400kg to 3500kg, while payload capacity ranges from 1061kg (350E Jumbo Van) to 2448kg (470E single cab chassis).
service and guarantee
The Ford Transit comes with a five-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Ford offers capped service for the first four inspections or 120,000 km. Each service costs $399.
The Ford Transit is not rated by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Adaptive cruise control
- crossing assistant
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- backup camera
Van and bus models also include:
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Side parking sensors (except Jumbo Van models)
Standard equipment for all Transit models includes:
- 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Sound system with four speakers
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster display
- Steering wheel with imitation leather cover
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic high beam
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heatable front seats
- fabric upholstery
MORE: Everything Ford Transit
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/motoring/2023-ford-transit-price-and-specs-c-8064643 2023 Ford Transit price and specs